𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

𝗠ason leaned over the kitchen island, chewing on a piece of buttered toast while he texted Kai

𝗠ason leaned over the kitchen island, chewing on a piece of buttered toast while he texted Kai. After putting Blake to rest, he found his day back on track. He had asked if he could go over to his house now and after an 'in a bit' text, he stopped replying.

He scowled at the screen. It was unlike him; Kai was probably the fastest texter he knew – which was ironic given that he was such an asshole.

He looked up from his phone as footsteps descended down the hallway at a fast pace. He knew that it wasn't Blake, considering she was bedridden – but he didn't realize anyone else was home.

A flash of blue, green, and white crossed his vision as Isaac ran circles around the island, draping the material he was holding over his shoulders. Mason glanced at him strangely as he stepped back and beamed at him before looking down and investigating what it was.

A smile crept up on the corners of his mouth as he recognized the design of the gay pride flag for men wrapped around Isaac.

"Con – gradulations!" he yelled; he distorted his voice for effect.

Mason laughed, "What's this?" he stood up and walked over to him, touching the thin material.

"This is me congratulating you on coming out, duh," Isaac rolled his eyes.

"It's a little much."

"Fine," he pulled off the tapestry and threw it on his head, "Next time you get nothing."

He laughed again, "Thank you, Zac. It means a lot to me."

"Well, I'm glad."

Mason pulled the flag off his face and grinned at it as he folded the material and placed it on the island. It was the nicest gesture anyone has ever given him in terms of being gay. After being forced into the closet at a young age, he never thought he would be able to experience this moment. However, here he was, smiling like an idiot for being celebrated.

You're wrong Cassius.

You always were.

"Now that presents are out of the way," Isaac took a seat at the island, "It's time that you and I have that talk."

He nodded, "Where do you want me to start?"

"With the present. Where the hell did you meet Kai?"

Mason snorted, "In an alley behind a bar."

"Explain."

"Okay," he breathed, sitting down next to him, "Remember when Rueben was called in for lineup and I went to the station with everyone and then disappeared?"

Isaac nodded.

"Well, I was feeling really down that day – about my life, and my past; it was a hard day for me. I ended up strolling the streets downtown because I needed to clear my head and get over that mental block I was going through," he sighed, "On my journey, I wandered into the back alley of a bar. I was really frustrated at everything so I was kicking rocks to let my anger out – that's when I accidentally kicked a rock at Kai,"  his cheeks grew hot as Isaac gave him a sideways look, "—anyway, Kai threatened to fight me because of that, but I think he was just trying to get a feel for who I was as a person. I stood my ground, but he just smiled at me and invited me inside to hang out with him. The rest is kind of a blur, but he filled most of the gaps in my head for me."