𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝗛e woke up groggy, his mind fogged

𝗛e woke up groggy, his mind fogged. The echoing of a voice talking to another, rang throughout his ears and in his head. He blinked under the cloth of his blindfold, pressing his eyes together momentarily to promote some sort of normal state. Throughout the last month, Enzo had been torturing him with the facts about Lilliana. Every time he would bring it up, a chloroform rag would be shoved down his throat in response.

The excess amount he'd been receiving for this last month was taking an effect on his health. He found it harder to shovel down the garbage food they fed him. His mouth was constantly dry. Headaches – painful ones – came and went much more frequently than they used to do.

I wish they'd just kill me already.

"Thanks Paisley," Enzo's voice finally came into focus, "—make sure nobody comes into this room tonight. Harrison and Audrey are to be the only ones with access."

"Sure, something special planned?" her soft voice came next.

"Yup. I plan to have fun with our subject. You're the best."

Matteo swallowed a dry gulp and that was when he felt his fingertips twitch onto something hard. The way he was seated, they had his hands tied behind his back; ropes wrapped around all of his abdomen, securing him tightly. However, a piece of cold metal that wasn't there, ever, was now resting below his fingertips. He edged it slightly towards himself, feeling the length of it. He pushed with a little too much pressure and cursed under his breath, feeling liquid drip down his finger.

It's a knife.

He gripped the safe area once more and angled it up, slipping the blade under the rope.

I'm getting out today.

"Evening Matteo, how are we today?" Enzo asked him. He listened to his footsteps get closer to him, then stop. He assumed he was standing in front of him, based on the echo.

Still, he didn't respond. Just focused on cutting.

His hand ripped through the lowest rope, one down, two to go.

"Why are you being so quiet?" his voice was laced with annoyance, "I promise if you speak I won't hurt you..." he paused, "... this time, at least," he finished.

Matteo kept his voice silent and face expressionless. He knew he was getting on Enzo's nerves and that the more he continued with his newfound muteness – the more suspicious he would grow. After all, for the last month, all he's done is use his voice. Asking questions about Lilly every time he was awake.

The second rope snapped on his fingers, one more to go.

"You're really not going to say anything are you? Is it because you've grown tired of the Chloroform?" he sighed deeply, "—I'm actually surprised for once. You never shut the fuck up."