𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

𝗛er heels dangled from her fingertips as she tried her best to silently pad through the living room, into the kitchen

𝗛er heels dangled from her fingertips as she tried her best to silently pad through the living room, into the kitchen. All she had to do was get through the dining room and she would have successfully snuck back into her room. She knew after going publicly against Rueben that they would lock the doors on her, so she made sure to have a spare key made. That – and the fact she wasn't capable of facing her mother or Emmet anymore.

Her tights slid across the floor as she continued through the room. The wall of windows that was normally open, now had curtains drawn over them.

Why is it so dark in here?

Disregarding it, she attempted to walk through the pitch black area. She breathed in heavily, trying her best to remain soft, cursing under her breath as she walked into the dining room table. A loud noise behind her startled her, and she knew then that her demise would be met soon.

I'm so done for.

But I'm so close to my room.

I can still try and make it.

She felt for the table again, and used it to her advantage; she ran her fingertips against the wooden surface as she backed up – closer to her room, and away from the area the sound just came from.

However, the minute her hand slipped off the table, she bumped into someone standing right behind her – I was so close! She cried out before a large hand covered her mouth and a cold, circular object was pushed into her temple.

The lights flicked on; she looked up and stared into the emptiest pair of eyes she had ever experienced. Emmet held her tightly to his body; he barely moved as she fought against him. A pistol was pressed to the side of her face, and she knew that he was prepared to end her life there as there wasn't a single ounce of empathy in his expression.

"Give me one good reason not to kill you right now," he growled in her ear, moving his hand to her neck, allowing her to speak.

"I'm – I –" she stuttered against his grip; he was pressing down on her windpipe, "I'm your daughter!" she finally choked out.

He laughed coldly, "You're not my fucking daughter. My real daughter isn't getting the justice she deserves because self – centered brats like you continue to get in the fucking way."

"Emmet, that's enough. Put her down," her mother's voice came from the front of her.

Willow whipped her head around, blinking as Elle looked at her nonchalantly; she didn't seem to be bothered in the slightest. She had never seen her look so ... dull.

She made a noise as Emmet released his grip on her, shoving her hard to the floor. She landed on the hardwood on all fours; the action ripped her tights. She cursed again, feeling the pain swell.

"I had nothing more to say anyway," he spoke.

Willow let out a breath as she listened to the sound of him holstering his gun.

She sat upwards immediately as a large box landed in front of her face. Written across the side in black sharpie was her name. Oh no.

"I have nothing to say either," Elle began, looking down on her; her dark blue eyes pierced her soul in the same way Emmet's did, "—from now on, you don't live here anymore. You don't associate yourself with any part of the Torres name. You are no longer a part of this family. I took the liberty of packing all the things you actually own. Anything Emmet or I bought for you, is no longer yours."

"But Mom—" she started.

"You've lost the right to call me that," she interrupted; her voice was abnormally calm, "Consider yourself disowned."

Willow pressed her fingers to the ground, grinding her teeth in anger.

Didn't they get it??

She had never been a part of this family – not even at the beginning.

She crawled towards Elle before climbing to her feet, taking a couple steps forward; she shoved her face in her mother's, "I've always hated this shitty fucking family anyways! Rueben deserves to rot in jail!— he's a good – for – nothing piece of shit! He deserves to die, just like Lilliana did!"

Elle's hand connected with her cheek, making her lose some of her balance, "You're the most spiteful, most ungrateful bitch I've ever met!" she yelled at her, "I have put up with enough of your shit for the past sixteen years! I have given you everything – Emmet too!—and this is how you treat us? This is how you treat the family that took you in without a second thought?! Your relationship with Rueben and Lilliana crumbled because of you!" she shook her head, disappointed, "I can't even fathom that someone I birthed turned out to be so fucking embarrassing."

Willow said nothing, just stood there, stunned; the sting of the slap burned.

This is really happening ...

Elle took initiative again, and grabbed a handful of her hair, yanking her roughly in the direction she wanted her too – towards the front door. Willow desperately tried to loosen her grip, but she was defeated. All she could do was whine – cry out in pain as her mother opened the door and flung her outside. She landed face first into the pavement; the skin of her palms ripped open.

Tears streamed down her face as she turned around and looked at her former parents – her former home. Emmet had no emotion on his face as he dropped her box on the ground.

She wailed as two security guards placed their hands under her shoulders; a third grabbed the box. Elle offered her one last disgusted look as she looped her fingers through Emmet's stepping back inside. The last expression she'd ever see on their faces was plain relief.

As the guards dragged her away, all she wondered was if they could see the regret plastered on her own.