𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

"𝗬ou're so handsome," Mason mumbled against the side of his arm

Kai smiled down at him, planting a kiss on his forehead, tightening the arm he had draped around his shoulders in an effort to bring him closer. He found himself enjoying walking side by side like this with him, with their fingers loosely interlocked; this way, he could feel his body near him and inhale his scent – this way, he felt free.

"So handsome," Mason spoke.

"You already said that," he laughed.

"I have to keep repeating myself to remind you; that way you won't forget."

"I won't forget Mase."

"Good," he replied, raising his other hand, and placing it on his opposite, mimicking Kai's actions and pulling him closer; he half – hugged him as they continued to walk. He stifled another laugh as he divulged in his silly display of affection.

A moment later, they rounded the final corner of L.A.'s streets and came upon the club. The air was stingy and smelt slightly foul, but the energy that poured out from the open doors erased that; music and smoke revealed its upbeat and exhilarating chambers.

Mason detached himself and ran in a couple puddles ahead of them, grinning widely, "We're here!"

"Mm," Kai answered, shoving his hands down the front of pockets of his jeans while side – stepping the puddles, careful not to dirty his favorite dark blue Chuck Taylor's.

"I'm going in!" Mason exclaimed, giving him zero time to react as he tossed the door man a ten and sprinted inside the building.

"Wait—!" he stopped himself from speaking as he let out a breath and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Why is he such a man – child? -- hmm, cosmic fairy!

You finally sent me someone worth my time and he's a fucking idiot?

It's 'cause he's a fucking homo, isn't it bitch.

He dropped his hand from his face and looked up into the night sky. He smiled as he stared at the fluorescence coming from the moon.

Thank you.

He smiled to himself before walking in.

Kai pushed through the crowd of people, having to stand on his tippy – toes as he scanned the room for Mason. He did his best to avoid the sweaty, sticky people that stood on either side of him as he spun in circles; he got a feel for this place as he did so. The bar was full; bright lights flashed in the background causing the numerous bottles of liquor to twinkle. Smoke filtered throughout the room with the beat of the music; it smelt like bubblegum. The dance floor was huge and was holding at least three hundred people. It was hard to single out any one person with the way the bodies swayed, jumped, and rocked. However, he wasn't going to give up yet; he continued to spin and search for him, growing irritated not long after as more mainstream white – people music played from the DJ's turntables. Finally, as he was about to blow – he spotted him across the room.