𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝗥ueben stood beside the large pool table they had stationed in the back corner of the room in his house in which they called 'The Party Room'

𝗥ueben stood beside the large pool table they had stationed in the back corner of the room in his house in which they called 'The Party Room'. The space was incredibly big, probably the size of his kitchen and living room combined, but there were no walls separating it. It was just an open floored room. The walls were painted a dark maroon and were empty for the most part. His roommates and himself used to throw epic parties and learned quickly that having wall decorations just meant more clean up when it was all said and done.

Now here he stood, slightly bored, barely tipsy, entertaining a round of beer pong with his roommates and their girlfriends as a pre – celebration to his potential last day of freedom. Whether or not he was actually convicted – after today, he had a feeling there'd be no time left for fun. In retrospect, he never considered himself a big drinker, but today – he would partake in the activities.

"We realize it's only three p.m., right?" Blake asked over the music, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"So," Taryn responded, yawning.

"It's five 'o clock somewhere," Mason added, taking a sip of his drink.

"We are such losers," Rueben mumbled, drinking from his cup.

"The only loser I see is you," Isaac rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, says the one who didn't want to partner with his girlfriend because she's a girl," Rueben contested, rolling his own eyes. The partners were simple – ish. Isaac wanted to be with Mason and Mason with him – but that left Rueben with Blake and Taryn. That wasn't a problem, and it only became one when Isaac compared the both of them to a single one of him or his partner. Rueben knew it was all fun and games and he didn't actually mean to be sexist, and no one else cared for his tipsy comments, but it was still a stupid thing to say.

"Dicks before chicks," Isaac laughed, dapping Mason up.

"I'm literally the best player here," Taryn responded, twirling her curly hair on her index finger.

"Liar," Mason laughed.

"We'll see about that one," Rueben argued.

"And we will," Blake smiled, "Mason, it's your turn," she handed him the ping – pong ball.

"Don't fuck up," Taryn tested, sipping.

He rolled his eyes, "I'll show you mother fuckers," he stated, raising the ball up to his eye level. He stuck his tongue out slightly, the way he does when he's concentrating before tossing it lightly across the table. The group watched as it bounced against the green of the pool table's center before landing perfectly in the back row of cups.

"Haha!" Mason exclaimed, bumping shoulders with Isaac, "Eat shit!"

"Wow, he actually managed to do something," Taryn spoke, her eyes wide with surprise.