34

"Ah, stupid!"

Jungkook drives as fast as he could. It might be dangerous for others, but not for Jeon Jungkook. If something doesn't go along with what he had planned, nothing is dangerous for him.

He parks in front of the bakery before storming inside. Even the staff at the counter is afraid to greet him even Jungkook has been their regular customer for many years. 

"Jungkook."

Without getting his greet back, Taehyung sits in front of his miserable friend. He had stared at Jungkook since he steps inside the bakery. He knows that his friend is having a big problem right now.

"What's wrong with you now?"

"I've lost our 3 million project!"

"Shh!"

Jungkook looks around him. Most of them are staring at him as he just raised his voice because of the frustration he felt now. Jungkook bows his head while mouthing sorry because he disturbed their moment.

"Why are you shouting?"

"Frust."

Jungkook rubs his face with both of his hand. Everything just doesn't go along with what he want this lately. All things. In terms of work, personal life and everything.

"Maybe you will be given another project.. Just think positively, please?"

"But Tae... I've made a big lost for the company, Tae.."

"There will be a reason why you lost that project though.."

Jungkook spacing out, looking blankly towards the floor. The disappointed face of his father can be seen clearly by Jungkook. Even his father was resigned as the CEO of the company, he is still the chairman. He will know whatever happened in the company, even when he brought Jimin 5 years ago, his father also know. But luckily, his father never care and open minded about who his son wants to be with.

"My father must be disappointed of me..."

"No Jungkook, he won't.. Believe me..."

"But his face.."

"You have made many achievement to the company.. I'm sure he won't.."

Taehyung gives his boxy smiles as a reassurance to the words he said just now so that his friend will believe him. Seeing the reassurance smile, another smile also carved on Jungkook's lips without his notice, but Taehyung did.

"Look. You are smiling.."

Suddenly, Jungkook sits up straightly after Taehyung's words.

"When did I smile?"

"Just now."

"No...."

"Ahh.. Don't deny that.. You look so handsome and cute when you smile."

"Aish Tae.. Don't compliment so much.."

After Jimin's and Jiyeon's departured to Japan 5 years ago, he rarely smiles as wide as now and Taehyung glad to see Jungkook's wide and happy smiles back. He looks precious though, whoever is seeing his smile right now must be saying the same.

"Yah, don't blush!"

"Why should I?"

Jungkook tucks his tongue out to Taehyung before both of them giggling after their childish small argument. They always been like this. Jungkook comforts Taehyung when he has a problem and same goes to Taehyung when his friend has any problems. Day by day, their friendship becomes stronger.

Suddenly, Taehyung notices something on Jungkook.

"Why your lips looks so dry and pale?"

Jungkook's eyes open widely as his secret was almost revealed. He rubs his lips and yes, they are dry.

"Oh god..."

He just thought that he forgot to put on his lip balm. He always tries to cover his dry and pale lips by putting on some lip balm. But today, he forgot about it.

"Jungkook, I asked you.. Why your lips look dry and pale?"

"A-Ah.. P-Pale.. D-Dry.. I-I think because of the w-weather.. Yeah w-weather.."

"Weather..?"

Taehyung looks at outside of the bakery. The season spring they had now is almost come to the end. It means that summer will come soon, maybe about 2 weeks later. So, that's means that today's weather is supposed to be not so cold and not so hot. 

"Don't lie to me. Just tell me the truth, Jungkook."

"What lie? I-I tell you t-the truth though.."

Taehyung rolls his eyes, feeling so sick and annoyed with Jungkook's lies especially when it comes about his own health.

"When the last time you eat?"

When Jungkook heard Taehyung's stern voice, he knows that the man already detected his lies. He bows his head down, not wanting to face Taehyung's straight face.

"L-Last 2 d-days...?"

A heavy sigh comes out from Taehyung's mouth as he fed up with Jungkook. 

"Jungkook, what do you think you are doing now? You are really really mistreating yourself dude! Gosh, what other advices should I give to you? No! There are many advices I gave, but you keep on doing like this!"

"I'm sorry.."

Taehyung touches Jungkook's knees and pats it slowly, knowing that a yell or anger couldn't solve any problems.

"They will come back soon.. They will.."

Jungkook nods. Eventhough it's hard for him to accept it for 5 years, but at the bottom of his heart, he still has a hope that one day, the three of them will meet again.

"So now, no tears, okay? You need to eat no matter what.. I will make sure that you eat."

Jungkook chuckles, wiping his tears away. "Okay okay..."

"What do you want to eat?"

"As usual.."

"Okay. I'll come back later.."

After Taehyung gone from his sight, suddenly Jungkook feel the urge to go to the toilet. But when he stands up, his sight become blurry and the world is rolling in his eyes' sight. 

"T-Tae.."

Before he can even call Taehyung for help, he was collapsed. But he didn't collapse on the floor as he felt someone grab him from falling on the floor. No face can be seen by Jungkook, but a familiar voice can be heard before he shuts his eyes. A familiar voice he always heard before, and this voice is not Taehyung's. He's so sure about that.

"Jungkook! Jungkook!"