CHAPTER 13 / BABIES

ZANE

I unlocked my phone and tried to find a photo of Garroth, Aphmau, Vylad and me from when we were younger. Making sure it wasn't embarrassing. I found a photo of us four at a park, probably the one by Aphmau's old house. 

"You guys were cute!" Nana squealed. 

In the photo, on my phone, Garroth was wearing a blue jumpsuit, I had a navy, white and red striped one, Aphmau had a purple one and Vylad had a green one. 

"Mum sent this to me last month, apparently this photo is 28 years old," I said. 

"Look! You have two eyes, Zane!" Nana pointed out, on my phone. I'd forgotten about that, I was around four and a half when Garroth blinded my eye, so when I was a baby I still had two eyes. That's the only embarrassing thing for me in this photo. 

"Garroth was two, Aphmau and I were one and Vylad was at least 6 months old," I explained.

"You guys were cute!" a voice said from behind me, this time it wasn't Nana. It was Mrs Ashida, I mean, Alanna, Nana's mum. 

"Mum! You're supposed to knock before you come in!" Nana exclaimed and sighed. 

"Well, I saw you two looking at the photos, so I thought it was safe to come in. And you guys are right." Alanna replied the photo on the wall had six babies, two with blonde hair, one with pink hair, one with brown hair and two raven-haired babies. 

"There's Nana," she pointed to the baby with a pink short sleeve ruffled jumpsuit and pink bow headband in her hair. 

"There's Garroth." she pointed to another baby with blonde hair he was wearing a blue short-sleeved top with small denim shorts and white sneakers, he was holding two blocks in his hands. "Next would be Aphmau." she pointed to a baby with shoulder-length black hair, a purple romper, with a small purple bow in the back of her hair. 

She was holding a pony, one I recognised to be, Twilight Sprinkles. 

"There's Vylad." She pointed to the brown-haired baby with a long-sleeved green jumpsuit, "Just mentioning at the time, Vylad is only 4 months old if I can remember well," he looked at the youngest. "And finally there you are Zane," she pointed to the final baby with black hair, back then, I still had both of my eyes. I had a navy and white striped romper. 

What I was doing, in the photo you may ask, well Nana and I were holding ponies, along with Aphmau, we were a little group on the side playing with the toys. 

"Hah! Doesn't look like your fashion sense has changed!" Nana joked, then looked at the last little one. "Then who's the last one?" she asked, pointing to a baby with long bleach blonde hair, sky blue eyes and was wearing a white romper, with red pants and a matching red bow. 

Mrs Ashida practically shrugged her shoulders, "That one slips my memory. Wish I knew," she said, looking toward us. 

"Ha-ha. Very funny Nana." I said sarcastically, missing the last part, rolling my eye. "So, Mrs Ashid- I mean, Alanna, why'd you come upstairs in the first place?" I asked her.

"Oh! I came upstairs to check on you two, since of whatever Nana's display after dinner was. And, you did sorta promise me Zianna's number," she explained. Nana rolled her eyes. 

"Okay. I'll write it down for you and then I'll text her to warn her that someone will be texting her. Who? She won't know until she gets the text," I said. 

She gave a large smile, "Thank you so much!" Alanna said. 

"Here's the number," I said, I got out a pen and wrote it down on a scrap piece of paper and handed it to her, "Nana will let you know once she's responded." 

"Thanks, guys," she said and went downstairs. 

"Well, at least I know who's in the photo now," Nana said and laughed sheepishly. 

"Yeah sure is." I agreed, "Just except that one." I said, pointing to the girl next to Garroth. But I did know who she was... but wouldn't give up her identity, not yet anyway... I texted my mum to warn her about Nana's mum. Not really to warn her but to give her a small heads up. 

[Mum]

Hey mum

Hi ZuZu! How is everything with your girlfriend, Kawaii~Chan?

Her real name is Nana. But I gave someone you know your number. You need to reply to that person to find out who.

Oh? Okay ZuZu, but that name... Nana, it's familiar...

It would be, you'll find out.

You know something I don't ZuZu

Ik, talk soon. Bye

TTYL!

~

I nodded at Nana, "Okay, Nana, text your mum, my mum is game," I told her. 

"Okie-Dokey," she replied, getting on her phone.

"I still can't believe we've known each other from before the high school," I said. 

"It's kind of believable. But I can't think of my mum being one of the Beyonce crazy ladies." 

"Crazy ladies?" 

"Oh, I was referring mostly to Sylvanna."

"Uh-huh. Don't believe you," I sassed.

"Zane!" she exclaimed.

"Sorry, but no both of our mums went to high school together and they must've discovered Beyonce together."

"Ugh! Imagine there being more of them out there."

"Hmm, let's not think about that." 

"We should unpack so we can be ready for tomorrow." 

"Uh, guys?" a voice asked, it was Remmi.

"Yeah?" Nana said requesting an answer.

"I wanted to tell you, as mum's messenger thingy and I was there when she wanted to tell you two, anyway she and dad want to spend the day with the two of you."

"What? Oh no..." Nana sighed. 

"Sorry, according to mum it's not negotiable and you can't decline. Anyway, meet at the driveway at 10:30 am tomorrow. I'm the messenger, not the person who made the idea," she explained.

"Okay, thanks Remmi," I said. 

"Thanks for understanding, hope you two enjoy yourselves tomorrow," Remmi replied. 

"We'll see what we can do, bye," I replied.

"Bye." Remmi closed the door and Nana and I were left on our own again.

"SooOoOOoooO?" I said.

"No! No! No! No! I don't want this to happen. But, we don't have a choice," she sighed.

"It might be okay," I replied.

"We can try, okay fine!" 

"Good. Okay, time to finish for the night."

We placed our clothes on the shelves in the closet, we split them up, half and half. I took the right she took the left. Our clothes looked completely different, my side was all dark, hers was bright. Which was kind of expected.

We went to bed and fell asleep almost instantly, another night's sleep. 

Well, I guess we can prove that Opposites Attract...

WORD COUNT: 1109