CHAPTER 44 / GARROTH AND REMMI'S BONDING

NANA
THE NEXT DAY

Zane and I were packing up our stuff in a conveyer belt style, Zane folding them and me putting them in the suitcase. We were also making plans for Aph and I's Christmas Party, which will be merged with New Year this year.

We were about to kiss after he noticed how bad I was chucking the clothes in the suitcases, we were both standing up our heads inching closer together, our eyes were closed when...

*BAM! (Sound of door smashing)

My door was smashed by you-know-who. "Hold it right there!" Remmi exclaimed, with a so-called British accent that was bad, even for her imitations.

Zane and I began coughing from all the thick dust, on my old door. "And that is the art of smashing doors." I heard Garroth say.

"Heh, Garroth's been teaching me," Remmi said normally.

"At smashing doors?" Zane asked.

"No, the accent," Remmi replied.

"I haven't been teaching you that! I thought you wanted to learn the art of smashing doors!" Garroth protested.

"No, just the British accent, the door was all you." she shrugged, "But I was copying the accent," she added.

"I Don't. Sound. Like. That. Okay!?"

"It was worth a try, totally-not-British guy."

"Don't you sass me!"

"Well, I know you're a werewolf! I follow you on Instagram, amongst all the thousands of followers you have!"

"I don't have anyone by your name!"

"A username doesn't have to be your real name or have your name in it. And we talk A LOT. Connect the dots and use that brain of yours!" she said playfully.

"I'm offended! I do use my brain!"

"Zane says you don't."

"Don't bring me into this," Zane said, backing off.

"They're fighting like an old married couple." I smiled, holding back the hysterical laughing.

"So... YOU'RE... Sailor Chibi Moon underscore Remmi?"

"Well look at that, the sheriff just became a detective." she smiled, winkinme at Zane and I.

"I'm not a sheriff! .... Yet." then Garroth's ears popped out, "These darn ears!"

"You know, meif~wa ears are so much easier to hide," Remmi said, demonstrating with her own, "Perhaps Nana could turn you?"

"Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no, no... and did I mention NO. Never, ever, ever, EVER. Right, Garroth? Never again," I said.

"Right." he agreed.

"Wait, so you've turned once right!? By whom? The ultima!?" Remmi exclaimed.

"Yea..." Garroth said, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Ooh! What happened!?" Remmi exclaimed.

"So it all started when Mr and Mrs Lycan, had asked me and some of our friends to come to Starlight, to support Aaron since-" Garroth began.

"Garroth! You're still paying for the door you know!" Zane yelled as we slipped out of the room.

"Yeah, yeah, I know," Garroth replied, getting on with his story.

They didn't even notice we had left. We went to the front of the house to see if we could watch a movie or something, but the parents were watching something old in there. The back sitting room was occupied with Vylad and Haruto having a light sabre battle.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"Find out who else Remmi stalks on Instagram?" Zane joked.

"How 'bout another walk around town? And maybe grab something from the bakery." I suggested.

"Sounds good, lead the way," Zane replied. 

We left the mansion, having no idea what was coming...

WORD COUNT: 530