CHAPTER 52 / A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE

^^ AGAIN MY OWN ART :3

ZANE

It's been a few days since Nana and I, moved in together. Aphmau was ecstatic to find out the news and went a little out of control, when I mean out of control when meaning that, I mean that she ran around the room squeaky so loudly that even Nana had to protect her ears, and she was used to that kind of squealing. 

At one point Katelyn had even shown up to know what the fuss was. So, we told her.

FLASHBACK

"We're moving in with each other!" Nana announced, Aphmau was still squealing in the background, piercing our ears. 

"Really!?" Katelyn exclaimed, she turned to me, "Zane, if ANYTHING happens to her. You're DEAD," she warned.

"I'll take care of her, and protect her with my life." I pledged.

She looked satisfied, "Good to hear. Good luck!"

END OF FLASHBACK

I was sitting at the large table finishing my studies, while Nana was in the living room, reading one of her favourite manga books. The doorbell had rung. I ran over to the tablet that shows who was at the front door, which hung on the wall, but before I could check Nana had already let our visitors inside. 

"ZUZU!" a squeal-prone voice called. I sighed deeply.

"Zane..." Nana began. Mum came running into the dining room and dumped a large grey box. Beca had been running after her and was leaning over the kitchen counter. 

"I-I'm sorry... I tried to stop her," she apologised breathlessly.

"ZUZU! Your place is absolutely beautiful! Have you thought about marriage yet!? I need my grandbabies! All eight of them!"

"Mum!" I whined. Beca rolled her eyes and laughed. 

"Zianna, why are you here?" Nana asked politely.

"What's in the box?" I asked.

"Okay, well both of your questions line down to the same thing. I've had this box since you three were little (Nana, Zane and Beca) and now ZuZu, I want you to have yours because you've settled into a place. GarGar, VeeVee, and Bea have their own, but they're not ready," mum explained, Beca crossed her arms in annoyance, (That just sounds weird) "So here's yours." 

On the table was a large, grey box with a matching lid, it had a label on it reading 'Zane'. I walked over to it and lifted the lid off, inside (filled to the brim) were photos, lots and LOTS of photos. 

I looked through the box, my twin and girlfriend looking behind me, I found my kinder to year 12 photos. Nana pointed out Beca and I's first day of elementary school. My hair only just flopped over my bad eye, and Beca's hair was already down to her waist. The six-year-old me had the largest smile on his face and a navy school hat on his head. I wore a perfect little uniform, that was slightly worn out. I was kind of small for my age, way back when. 

FLASHBACK (3RD PERSON POV)

"Mummy! I don't wanna leave you!" six-year-old Zane whined.

"C'mon ZuZu, it'll be okay," Garte said bending down to his son. "You'll be with GarGar and Bea!" he reassured him and straightened his hat. Zianna was just behind Garte bawling her eyes out, hugging Garroth and Beca as tightly as possible. She even squished Vylad into the squeeze. 

"Just look, daddy!" Zane pointed to his crying mother who had just let go of his brother and sister. Beca ran over to him, ruffling his hair.  

"Puh-lease!"