CHAPTER 56 / THE PURPLE GLOWING CREATURE

ZANE

Nana had insisted that we go for one of her romantic walks by the creek. Not that I mind (and enjoy them), but... I wanted a nap after that dinner I made. Although it is beautiful, twilight is the best time to go since the young moonlight is shining on the trees, making them look crystallised. 

Nana was resting her head on my shoulder and intertwined her hand with mine.

Just as we passed the deep dropping hill, I slipped on one of the rocks, resulting in me - yep, pretty much - sliding down. Nana had beaten me down hopping on the large stones of the hills in her cat form, she transformed again and caught me with her vacant hand. She must've seen something and crept up behind a bush, I joined her, after catching my balance and brushing off the dirt from my pants and top. 

"Nana... what're you...?" she shushed me, pushing her finger against my lips, her shush sounded more like a hiss, to my surprise. She pointed over to a tiny ball of glowing fur. She crawled closer to the thing and hovered her hand over it, it jumped and glowed more. 

"Ssh... it's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you... yes, it's okay..." Nana cooed, the thing rolled out of its ball, sniffed her hand, and pushed its nose against her hand. Nana was stroking its fur, it looked like some kind of... dog! 

The dog fell asleep after a few seconds, she immediately picked it up and cradled it in her arms. "Aww! Isn't she tiny?" Nana exclaimed, the dog yipped gently in response.

"Nana! We don't know what that even is!"

"C'mon Zane, don't be such a scaredy cat!" 

"Fine," I sighed, walking over to Nana and the pup.

"She's even tinier than Celestia was! How old do you think she is?" 

"How do you even know it's a girl?"

She looked down at the pup, "Well......... I think she is..."

"You do know that I'm not a fan of animals like 'The Pup' here." 

"Are you scared of pups? You're so nice to Celestia! And she's so small! She can't do any harm at all!"

"N-no! They just... eat too much and leave dirt everywhere! Just... no."

"Puh-lease!" she begged, folding down her ears and giving me her cutest most desperate pleading eyes. I tried to look away, but it almost hypnotised me.

"Please don't! ......Ugh..... fine..." I sighed.

"Yes!" she cheered. 

"BUT first! We need to look for an owner. If we don't find one, then we keep 'the pup'. Okay?" 

"Deal did, Ro'Meave." she agreed cheekily, I rolled my eyes.

"So... how do we get back up?" I asked.

"Right.... oh hey, there's some stairs! We can use those!" she pointed out, walking beside the cliff, still with the pup in her arms. We walked home and she placed her on my BEST Pinkie Cake plushy. 

"Nana! NO, MY PINKIE CAKE!" I yelled.

"But she's sleeping so peacefully!" she protested, "And she seems to love it!" 

"Maybe we should just put her in one of those IKEA boxes and put some blankets in there," I suggested.

"Ooh! Good idea!" she exclaimed, running back seconds later, setting up the box with blankets and placing the pup inside, "I'm calling her Twilight." she announced, placing her hand on her hips. 

"What? You're naming it?!" 

"Yeah, Do you like it?" 

"It's.... fitting... I like that, considering how much I don't like that dog." I pouted.

"Twilight Cascade," she said, placing her hands on her hips in satisfaction.

"A pony name? I can go with that..."

"It's settled then." 

"Yeah, okay, whatever," I responded, hugging Nana, grabbing a book to read and heading back to the bedroom, to continue my chapter.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

ZANE

Nana had fallen asleep hours ago, I crept out of the bed and looked at myself in the mirror. How can I keep this secret any longer...?

WORD COUNT: 639