CHAPTER 45 / PROMOTION

ZANE

Nana and I managed to walk around the entire town in a couple of hours, we even climbed one of the tall mountains behind Alyssa Falls and took in the beautiful view. Our last stop was the bakery. 

"Mrs Oates?" Nana asked as we entered the shop. 

"Nana! Nana! C'mon, come here! I need you over here! I have an announcement!" the elderly woman exclaimed, literally pulling Nana by the hand into her office. I followed along behind them. I sat on the chair beside my girlfriend and just waited for whatever the old crazy lady had to say. Mrs Oates was searching through her papers just looking for something. 

"Has she done this before?" I whispered to Nana.

"Never." she whispered back, "Mrs Oates, what's going on?" Nana asked.

"Oh Nana! It's amazing!" she replied.

"What's amazing?" I questioned.

"Oh, of course, allow me to explain, well Zane your folks came in two days ago, coming to buy some cupcakes, they loved them so much, they gave me a cheque for the bakery, and well I don't really need anything for the bakery in this tiny town, I wanted to give Nana the cheque for her own bakery in Phoenix Drop." Mrs Oates explained.

"Wait, what?" Nana exclaimed.

"Exactly. I want you to completely run a bakery by yourself. I want you to cover everything, the location, the format, food, bakers, activities everything." 

"R-really?" Nana sighed in disbelief.

"Wow." I couldn't help but say.

"So you'll do it?" Mrs Oates asked.

"It would be my absolute pleasure," Nana said and beamed.

"Amazing! Here's everything, good luck." Mrs Oates said dumping a huge folder in my arms, "And don't forget the recipes. And everything the bakery needs." she said dumping two more folders on top of it.

"U-um, thanks for the promotion! And all of this I guess." Nana thanked.

"No problem! Can't wait to hear from you, honey!" Mrs Oates said, giving Nana two dozen cupcakes and leading us out of the bakery. 

"That happened fast," I admitted, as the door was shut.

"I-I-I-I'm gonna have my own bakery, I can't believe it..." Nana said in disbelief.

"I know, but, hey, at least we're even now," I joked, nudging her playfully.

"How will we tell Aph?" she said.

"There's everything and you're only thinking about that!?"

"I mean, yeah, she's lost four of her workers, we're moving in together, it's all happening so fast."

"I bet she'll be so excited about the second part, she'll forget all about her losing some of her workers at the maid cafe." I reassured her, "Hey, Nana, what is something you'd want to theme a house with?" I asked.

"Theme of a house?" 

"Yeah, something the house all has in common."

"Maybe, I don't know... cherry blossoms... maybe it would really be pretty."

"Then, cherry blossoms it is."

"Why do you ask?"

"No reason. I kind of know you so well, I had actually already guessed it."

"Maybe... I know I am! C'mon let's finish up here and go back to Phoenix Drop."

"I'd like that," I replied, she smiled. We finished up, said our goodbyes and took the three hour drive home to Phoenix Drop.

WORD COUNT: 510