CHAPTER 29 / UNIVERSITY FRIENDS

NANA

After we went to the Chinese restaurant, we went to the next-door ice cream place as a group. It was called the Ice Cream Cafe, it had two parts to it, the ice cream part and the cafe part. 

"I'll have a chocolate milkshake," Zane said. 

"Cookies and cream ice cream for me," I said. 

"Vanilla figshake." Garroth said. 

"Mint chocolate chip sundae for me," Vylad said. 

"I'll have a medium sherbert cup," Remmi ordered. 

"Strawberry ice cream," Mum said. 

"Rocky road milkshake," dad said. 

"Cookies and cream for me too," Haruto said. 

The girl who was taking down the orders looked familiar. As if I have met her before. She had pink and purple swirled hair and violet eyes. I thought she looked like someone we knew from FCU. "Betty?" I asked. 

"Kawaii~Chan?! Garroth!?" she exclaimed, "Zane," she groused. 

"Hey!" Garroth welcomed, "Oh, and Zane isn't like he was back in college. Aphmau changed him, he's not that Zane jerk anymore," Garroth added, I stuck my tongue out at my boyfriend.

"Thanks for the sympathetic warning, Garroth," Zane said sarcastically, "Hey Betty, how have you been?" he asked. 

"Wow. Um, that's new. I've been good, I've been rooming with Tera, Cathy and Diana in a townhouse. And Jenny and Mac are engaged, they also have a two-year-old daughter," Betty said. 

"Oh, that's great," I said. 

"Mac did mention he had a daughter, but what I didn't know was that it was with his college crush," Garroth said. 

"How did you know Mac?" I asked. 

"Dormmates."

"I heard you and Aphmau founded that maid cafe, congrats," Betty said. 

"Thanks," I replied. 

"Oh, and I also own this cafe, with Tera and Luka owning the next-door part to it," Betty added.

"Wow, that's awesome," Zane said. 

"Wait. Katelyn's ex-girlfriend, Luka?" Remmi asked. 

"Weren't you one of the little meif~wa scouts who went around the campus selling cookies?" Betty asked Remmi. 

"Um, yeah," Remmi said. 

"Hey, Betty. Oh hey everyone." a voice said, it was Luka! "Wait! Kawaii~Chan?" 

"Hey, Luka," I said, hugging her.

"Um, what happened to you?" she asked.

"I fell off a horse." 

"It's good to see you." 

"Same." 

"Betty! Where are the--" Jenny asked, coming out of the backroom, she had a toddler on her hip. The toddler had light brown hair, tied into tiny ponytails and bluish-indigo eyes. She had dark-blue overalls with a purple top underneath. On her feet, she had white sneakers with purple velcro straps. "Kawaii~Chan? Garroth? Zane?" she asked. 

"Hey," we said in unison. 

"Congrats on the little one." Garroth said, "And the engagement with Mac." he added. 

"Thank you. And this is Sophie," Jenny said. 

(I did have a better name, but I forgot)

"Oh, my Irene, she's adorable!" Zianna exclaimed, "Now, I want something as adorable as that! Hurry up, boys!" Zianna demanded. Zane and I blushed, while we all ignored her.

"Hi," Sophie whispered. 

"How have you all been?" Jenny asked. 

"We've been good. Oh, by the way, Aphmau and Aaron got engaged." I said. 

"That's awesome! We got an invite from them for their wedding." Betty said. 

"Really?" Garroth said. 

"Yeah, we all did actually," Jenny said. 

A werewolf came out of the backroom and joined us. I think it was Diana. 

"Jennifer! What is taking you so- looooonngggg..." Diana whined, "Oh, hey everyone."

MEMORY

"You are a poser," College Zane said, shoving college Diana.

"Why you little!" she growled, as Jenny was holding her back.

"Diana! Stand down!" Aphmau commanded, and she immediately stopped.

DIANA

No, no, Diana calm down, you've changed, and think about it, maybe he has too...

NANA

For some reason, Diana wasn't overreacting and getting mad at Zane, as she did back in college. For example, at orientation when Zane called her a poser. 

"Oh and um, Zane and I are dating," I said. 

"What? Him?" Jenny, Betty and Diana practically screeched. 

Sophie was getting a little restless in Jenny's arms, so she put him down, and Remmi began playing with her. "Yeah, we are," Zane answered. 

"That's new," Betty said. 

"I kind of expected that you know the way he was in college, actually no, that's not, you know what never mind," Luka said. 

"So, um, where's Ken?" I asked. 

"Winning a bet for a community against the government," Diana said, pointing outside the cafe to where Ken was with a huge crowd chanting.

"Stop the government! Stop the government!" they chanted. 

"Louder!" Ken yelled. 

"Stop the government! Stop the government!" they chanted, even louder.

"Now acronyms." 

"Stg! Stg! Stg! Stg! Stg! Stg! Stg! Stg! Stg!" they chanted. 

"Aww. I made the bet that he wouldn't do it, now I have to pay him 200 bucks." Luka groaned. 

"Bummer. You said you would take us all shopping, and that you would pay for everything," Betty sighed. 

"I'm going to waste so much money!" Luka cried. 

"Here you guys go, Merry Christmas!" Betty said, handing us our orders. 

"Merry Christmas!" we chorused, and after paying, we went to Amber Port. 

Word Count: 859