CHAPTER 41 / THE BIG QUESTION

NANA

Truly, the cherry blossoms are so, so, so pretty this time of year. They were at the stage where they were just blooming with their delicate petals.

"Nana?" Zane asked approaching me.

"Oh hey, Zane. I was admiring the cherry blossoms, they're so pretty aren't they?"

"They are."

"Why'd you wanna meet here, you know under the gazebo in the park?"

"Hey, Nana?" he asked sitting next to me.

"Yeah?" 

"Um, so y-you see we've been dating for about three years now and I-I wanted to ask you if-" 

Wow, the nugget is now a stutterer. "Hey guys, whatcha doing?" Vylad interrupted, "Sorry did I uh interrupt s-" but just as Vylad began talking Zane had just walked away, he usually doesn't get that mad, well, it's Zane, he CAN get mad but not too badly. 

This was a wave of different anger somehow, I could sense it.

"-something. Is he okay?" Vylad asked.

"No. I'll go see if he's okay. Maybe you could see if Haruto has any of those Star Wars swords and see if you can do a fight, you learned fencing during high school, right? He'd be willing to do a battle with you." I explained walking after Zane.

(I know what they're called! Light Sabers)

"Okay, sure, bye!" 

I was somehow really worried about Zane. He doesn't usually storm off like that.

He wanted to talk to me right now, he had even arranged to meet at the gazebo but we were interrupted by his brother. Somehow he's trying to talk to me, but just can't.

I found him sitting on a bench by the river, just gazing into the distance. So, I joined him.

"Hey, Zane. I realise you were trying to tell me something, but you got interrupted, what is it? Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

'What is it?" I asked anxiously. I hoped he wouldn't break up with me since he knows I'm the primo and all. "Do you wanna break up with me... cuz... you know..." 

"No, no, no, no. I-I just wanted to ask you something. I've been saving up a lot of money, and with my neurosurgeon job and all, I've saved up enough for a new house, and I was hoping you could you know move in with me?" 

"Yes."

"I know why you wouldn't want to and- wait! What'd you say!?"

"Yes." I smiled.

"You're serious?" 

"Yes. Zane, I'd love to move in with you. I'd be honoured."

I hugged him and kissed him in thanks, and he kissed back. 

That's when I fully understood it, a real relationship has trust, kindness, loyalty, honesty, comfort, conversation and the magic of love.

Love is what connects the bond, and the reality of fate. I wanna be by Zane's side, always.

ZANE

I did it! All of my hard work finally paid off and it was worth it seeing the smile on her face. I knew it was right...

WORD COUNT: 471