CHAPTER 19 / TWO THINGS THAT DON'T MIX, PONIES AND CATASTROPHE

DO NOT SKIP! NO EXCEPTIONS!

ZANE P.O.V. 

We went into the car and we drove to the equestrian centre. I couldn't wait to see all those horses! 

Mum and Alanna didn't bother to put on music since it was a two-minute drive, not long enough for one of their four-minute Beyonce song! I was looking around the town from my seat. I liked the pink and white scenery, pink from the cherry blossoms and the white blanket of snow. 

While I was enjoying the scenery, Nana was resting her head on my shoulder. I mean, it's nice having her rest on me, but when she falls asleep, there's almost NO CHANCE of waking her up. Well, only until she feels like it. 

We pulled up a gravelled driveway and Alanna turned off the car. 

"Okay everyone, we're here," she said, as she opened her car door. 

The stables were massive and very well maintained. I could hear faint 'neighs' coming from inside. Behind the red stables was a townhouse and a big riding arena. 

(I watch WAY too much anime and Heartland, so this proves it)

Our parents got out of the car, Nana and I following along behind. I jumped out and held out my hand to help Nana out. "Mil' lady," I joked as she grabbed my hand and jumped out of the car. 

"Zane!" she exclaimed, "Why thank you, handsome prince," she joked, doing a very, very bad curtsey. 

"It was only a joke, Princess Nana!" I laughed. 

"Do it more often," she whispered into my ear, using her hand to cover the words and planting a kiss on my cheek. The six of us - Alanna, Mamoru, mum, dad, Nana and I - walked over to the horse stables. 

When we were walking I imagined myself flying high in the sky, on a flying Pinkie Cake, my shirt was off and I had six-pack abs covering my torso.

I was zoned out, imagining the most amazing reality, and I didn't notice Nana trying to get my attention. "Hello? Earth to Zane Ro'Meave!" Nana said, waving her hand in front of my face, and then I felt something soft against my lips.

"W-W-What?" I stammered.

"Well, that's one way to do it," she muttered, "Come on, Zane. We're at the Equestrian Centre now, isn't this where you wanna go? Are you okay? You were zoned for a little while," she said.

"No, no, I'm okay. So, do you wanna check out some horses?" I said.

"Duh! Come on, sweet," she said, grabbing my hand and running back to the group.

"You guys okay?" dad asked.

"You better not be making out," Mamoru muttered.

"We're okay. I just dropped something, I got it back though," Nana improvised.

"Oh okay. So, you wanna choose a horse and then we'll get Carla to get everyone set up," Mamoru explained.

"Who's Carla?" I asked.

"She's the horse keeper and riding instructor here. You just ring the bell during the day and she'll come downstairs," Alanna explained.

"Oh, that's awesome, very committed of her," Nana said.

"So do we choose a horse now?" I asked, seeing that there were at least 15 different horses in the stables, each in their room.

"Yea, you can choose whichever horse you like." a voice said. I turned around to see a brown-haired and green-eyed young woman. That must've been Carla.