CHAPTER 33 / THAT. DID. NOT. JUST. HAPPEN.

ZANE 

After breakfast, Nana took a few moments in the bathroom, while I was setting up her TV. Then she joined me sitting on the bed. Nana's TV was only replaced last year but wasn't set up, which was what I just did, now it was fully operational. 

"My little horsies?" I suggested. She sighed in disgust, something Nana wouldn't do, especially to My Little Horsies. 

"Why this again?" she snarled. 

She was looking down the whole time, that was odd. 

"We've watched this series at least 50 times in a row. Why can't you choose something else, like something I want to watch?!" she fumed, snatching the remote from my hands. 

At the time, I didn't know what was happening, that wasn't Nana right next to me, it couldn't have been. 

"Nana. I have no idea what's happening here, but you love My Little Horsies, it's our show," I blubbered. 

"No! I've always hated it!" she yelled, "You're the one always choosing the shows we watch and it's never MY turn! It's like you don't even love me! You don't care about me! You're so selfish and such a baby! My Little Horsies is a child animated series for three-year-olds, not 29-year-olds!" she accused.

"I do love you! Why do you think I was by your bedside when you fell off that horse and lying in hospital for two days straight? Why did I have your back when you didn't want to face your parents again? When I bandaged you when you were sliced? Even trusted you to tell you the troubles and my past? Even as that stupid edge lord in high school, was it because I thought you were cute and that annoyed me, so I treated you like you didn't exist when you were trying to talk to me? At Falcon Claw University, I stuck up for you with a bad customer at the cafe! Even as little kids, I crushed on you! My whole life has evolved around you, and now all these years later, this is what I get. If I didn't love you, none of that would've ever happened. I wouldn't even be confessing this to you right now!" I yelled back. 

"Zane... you're so mean... And I never loved you, none of that you said is true, you just made it all up, if this is how it's going to be, then I don't want to be a part of it. Ever. Zane, I'm done. Forget it. Goodbye." she spat, she stomped out of the room and slammed the door. 

She left me in complete awe. I was standing beside the bed, with my mouth completely dropped. That. Did. Not. Just. Happen... Zane, you're so stupid! 

You may have blown the only and best relationship of your life, and now you're not getting it back. How could you even do that!?

But something kept bouncing back to me, like a ricochet. The words she said, it was over, wasn't it...

WORD COUNT: 498