CHAPTER 51 / THE NEW HOUSE

ZANE

I led blindfolded Nana to the end of Lover's Lane, our new house is literally in plain sight, and she could've guessed it would belong to us. 

I've spent the last five years saving up for my place, well technically ever since I moved in with my brother and his mate. Mum and dad pitched in near the end of it. 

Yesterday, Aaron, Laurance, Garroth, Vylad, Zenix, Dante and a few others, helped me bring in all the furniture and position it, etc, the girls had some kind of girls' day out or something, I don't know, but it kept Nana busy.

I led Nana to OUR new house, (front look above) it had a modern driveway, and beautiful cherry blossom trees in the front, fully in bloom, just Nana's height, with small baby trees.

Along with the garage, there are 6 bedrooms, (including the master) - two will currently be guest rooms, but Nana can help me decide on the rest.

Once we were in the perfect front view of the house, I took off the thick blue blindfold, that had been covering her golden eyes. 

"Welcome... I think...?" I said, "Sorry, not so good at this sort of thing," I stammered, nervously ruffling the back of my hair as my sister would have done when I was younger. Nana stood there, speechless.

"T-this I-is ours?" she managed to say.

"Yeah, I-" 

"It's amazing! .... Beautiful! I-I don't even h-have the words!" 

"Do you like it?"

On the brink of crying, she exclaimed, "I don't like it... I LOVE IT!"

"Don't cry!" I pleaded.

"I- I can't help it! ... Zane! How'd you ever do this?!"

"I had some help... Do you wanna see inside?" I asked, my pink-haired meif~wa nodded and we walked past the couple of cherry blossom trees, winter frosted flowers, and through the light snowed grass. As well as a large oak tree, with a hollow that would animals crawl into.

I opened the black door (pretend it's black), which led to a small foyer, with a black hatstand, to hang up hats or coats, etc, on the right was the living room, and on the left were the stairs to the upstairs, in an l-shape, and lined with a black metal banister. 

Behind the living room was the rest of the house, and a bedroom which can be seen from the front door. 

The high ceiling of the foyer, had a small chandelier with brand (spanking) new bulbs, on the right side of the wall were dark oak bookshelves, with absolutely nothing on them. The floor of the foyer had marbled tiles (same with the dining room, kitchen, hallways, laundry, etc. Around the door was stained glass tinted in light pink, with darker shades of pink forming the shape of cherry blossoms. 

"Wow... How did you-"

"I had some owed helpers, so now we're even," I responded, and somehow had my brother's dumb voice in my head.

"Baby brother! How's the tour!? You deserve this!" The absolute rest was complete nonsense, what the flip was that?

"This is amazing!" she exclaimed.

"Nana...you know you're in the smallest room of the house, don't you?" 

"Right..."

"C'mon," I said, almost dragging her to the next room, the living/sitting room. There was a leather black, l-shaped couch, and on the two corners of the couch were mechanical recliners, (and a USB charger) [This is a real thing] along with a cherry blossom-designed carpet underneath. Yeah... very cherry blossom-themed. There was also an oak-lined coffee table, with glass in the middle. Behind the couches was a large 4K TV, with large quality speakers and identical bookshelves on either side of the TV stand. Under the TV was a glass cabinet, (same material and colouring of the shelves) to put in DVDs, cords, etc. 

"Nana! C'mon!" I urged, taking her to the dining room which was behind the living room, with an oak table, seating 12, 4 by 2. Underneath was a large carpet, the same as the one in the other room. It made the room look filled, but not crowded or stuffy. There was a large (COMPLETELY EMPTY) buffet on the right side of the wall, fitting perfectly between the painted bricks.

There was a sliding, glass door that led to the large paddock, laid in with green, fresh grass, which was covered in a thin blanket of snow. There were two sliding doors, in an l-shape, there was the one in the dining room, the l-shape of the wall, and then the next one that was in the kitchen. 

The kitchen was the most amazing place for Nana and her sweets, with plenty of counter space. Behind that was a hallway which two doors, one leading to the bathroom at the end, and the other as a small-ish study, with two large tinted windows looking into it from the hallway (you could also be in the dining room/kitchen and see the window too.

~

~

Just before the arch that led from the living room to the dining room which was directly behind it, was a door that led to the garage, just after the arch was another door, which is the laundry room, a few metres long. 

Back at the front door was the staircase on the left of it, (the right if you were coming from the kitchen, up the staircase was the five bedrooms (and a bathroom), at the end of the hallway was the largest room, the master - also known as Nana and I's room - [that is if she'd want to share a room with me].  All the doors were open, but the rooms were empty, (including the bathroom). 

I led Nana, to the room at the end of the hallway. I opened the door which led to a huge room. Parquetry covered the floor, completely shined, and there was a large bed with a light-coloured backing of birch, (material matching nightstands). The bed has a mattress with a pink sheet, four white pillows, and a cherry blossom quilt design. 

"I-is t-this what I-I think it is?" she asked.

"Yeah... do you like it?" 

"Of course I do! It's amazing! It's everything! It's perfect! Thank you so much!"

"And that's the bed, that we can sleep in... I can get another if you're not comfortable with it and all! Really! I don't mind!" I rambled, till she shut me up by pressing her lips against mine, I kissed back. 

Once she let go, she ran around the room, "This room is HUGE! You could probably make this into two rooms! And this closet is enormous! Along with the ensuite! And all the windows, the views are amazing!"

"I'm relieved you like it!"

"Love it!" she corrected, "I love it as much as I love you! Okay, maybe you more, but still!"

"You love me?"

"What kind of question is that!? Anyway, why wouldn't I?!"

"Okay." I shrugged, I don't know what kind of feeling went over me, maybe the feeling of doubting yourself, that usually comes and goes. I got a copy of the house keys from my pocket,  "Nana, here's one of the spare keys for the house. I'll give the other one to Aph and Aaron. Alright?" I passed it to her.

"Of course! They seem the most perfect for the responsibility. I'll be at my OLD house, packing all my stuff to bring here. (Although I've already started) Bye Zane! Love you!" she said, kissing my cheek and leaving the room.

"Love you too," I replied, I slid down the wall with my back and thought to myself. 

She loves it, I'm glad, my work here is done! Well... not yet... but the first step has been taken... all I need to do is take it in baby steps... I'm not ready for the big next step... no, not at all...

WORD COUNT: 1309