Part 4 ~ Magic Bullet

_________________________

Faith is asleep in her room in some joggers and a tank top when she is suddenly awakened by the sound of a shotgun being fired nearby

Faith is asleep in her room in some joggers and a tank top when she is suddenly awakened by the sound of a shotgun being fired nearby. She looks around confused for a second, but when she doesn't hear anything else, she lays her head back down to sleep.

She is then distracted again by her brother running into her room, seeing if she heard it to she looks at him and then nods laying her head back down on her pillow, suddenly they hear an unmistakable sound of a wolf howling causing them both to shoot up and get ready to go and find what the sound was.

🐺

Two very curious twins peer their heads around a corner as they eavesdrop on Kate and Chris Argent's conversation. Kate's tone of voice becomes more serious as she tries to defend her actions.

"Chris, there were two of 'em." Kate says.

"The Alpha?" Chris asks

"I don't know, but one of them tried to kill me--" Kate tells him.

Argent, once again voicing his annoyance with her actions, cuts her off, knowing exactly what Kate has just shot the Werewolf with without even having to ask her. Faith cocks her head in confusion as she tries to put together what it is they're talking about, not having all of the pieces of the night's events yet. "One of them is gonna lead us to the other. He can't do that if he's dead." Argent says.

Kate once again scoffs, only this time she's actually slightly offended, "Well, I can't help kill either of them if one of them kills me first."

Argent, knowing that she's right, sighs before asking his next question, "How long will it take?"

Kate shrugs nonchalantly, not really caring either way, "Give him forty-eight hours...", The twins, not knowing that it was Derek who got shot, raise their eyebrows when they realise that whoever she shot could potentially die, and quickly., "...If that."

Kate walks past Argent to get into his SUV, and Argent sighs before walking over to get back into the driver's seat. Faith and Scott, still confused, process the new information they just overheard.

🐺

Scott, Faith and Stiles are in class, with Scott seated in front of Stiles and Faith next to Scott. Scott is watching curiously as the teacher starts passing out graded tests, but Stiles is more distracted by the updates to the Werewolf situation that the twins had just given him. He thinks for a moment before finally tapping the twins on the shoulders and beginning his questions. "If Derek isn't the Alpha... if he's not the one who bit you... then who did?"

Scott bites his lip for a long moment before he answers in a quiet voice, shaking his head and shrugging, "I don't know."

Stiles sighs and sits back in his seat for the briefest moment before thinking of another question and leaning forward, gently smacking Scott in the back with the back of his right hand, "Did the Alpha kill the bus driver?"