Part 17 ~ Venomous

_________________________

"What happened last night?" Lydia asks Faith as they walk into the school

"Well, I had a very awkward family dinner at the Argents, Scott was attacked by this weird lizard thing that is actually a Kanima and Allison's stupid grandfather stabbed me in the stomach when I was going to pick my mom up from the hospital" Faith explains.

"He stabbed you?" Lydia asks.

"Yeah" Faith says.

"Wait, what is a Kanima?" Lydia asks.

"The only thing I know is that it can shapeshift like me so it's a person sometimes" Faith says.

"Who do you think it is?" Lydia asks.

"I have no idea" Faith says as she is suddenly picked up off the floor and swung around. "Oh my god!" she shouts and is put down in front of the culprit. "Isaac?" she asks.

"The one and only" Isaac replies.

"Wait, you here? Did they finally say that you didn't kill your dad?" Faith asks.

"Yeah, I'm a free man now." Isaac says.

"Boy" Lydia corrects.

"What?" Isaac asks.

"You're a free boy" Lydia says and drags Faith away.

🐺

Jackson sits down behind Scott and Stiles in Economics, "Hey, testicle left and right?" Jackson asks and the boys lift their heads up in annoyance, "What the hell is a Kanima?" he asks making them turn around and face Jackson, but before they can speak Coach slams a book down on his desk getting all the student attention.

"All right, listen up. A quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like Male McCall, might want to start their own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profoundly difficult...I'm not even too sure I could pass it." Coach says making the students groan. "Okay, I need two volunteers at the board to answer the first two questions." Coach says and some students put their hands up including Faith and Lydia. "Who's got it, huh? Come on, let's go, buddy."

"Paralyzed from the neck down." Jackson says, "Do you have any idea what that feels like?" he asks.

"I'm familiar with the sensation" Stiles says.

"Wait...Why would Derek test you? Why would he think that it's you?" Scott asks.

"How should I know?" Jackson asks.

"Wait, do they think it's Faith or Lydia?" Stiles asks.

"I don't know, all I heard was their names and something about chemistry" Jackson says.

"Jackson!" Coach shouts, "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?" he asks.

"Um..." Jackson trails off looking around, "Just an undying admiration for my...my coach."