Part 50 ~ The Divine Move

_________________________________

Faith, Scott and Lydia have gone to talk to Deaton about the Nemeton, "Stiles and Kira said it was the Nemeton that kept it trapped" Scott tells Deaton

"The problem is this isn't even a person you're fighting. It just looks like one. It's a spirit that's taken the shape of a human." Deaton explains.

"The shape of my best friend" Scott and Faith say at the same time.

"Someone caught it once." Lydia starts.

"Someone can do it again, right?" Faith finishes.

"I don't know. This thing was trapped a long time ago before the Nemeton was cut down. It doesn't have the same power anymore." Deaton explains.

"Is there anything that does?" Scott asks.

"Possibly. When the tree was whole, its wood was sometimes used to contain powerful objects. But those objects are very rare" Deaton explains.

"Wait a second. Powerful objects?" Lydia asks.

"Like an Alpha's claws?" Faith asks.

"Which Alpha?" Deaton asks.

"Talia Hale" Faith and Lydia say in unison.

"Peter had them in this wooden box" Lydia explains.

"with a triskele carved on the lid" Faith continues.

"What if it was made from the Nemeton?" Lydia asks.

"It was" Deaton replies.

"How do you know?" Scott asks.

"Because I made it" Deaton tells them before Scott walks away to talk to Derek on his phone.

"I'm dying my hair pink when this is over" Faith says.

"Really?" Lydia asks.

"Yeah, Allison told me to do it" Faith sighs.

"I can come with you" Lydia tells her making Faith smile before giving Lydia a quick kiss as Scott walks back into the room.

"Derek's got the triskele box. He's gonna meet us." Scott tells them.

Faith and Lydia suddenly hear whisperings making them feel dizzy and fall backwards causing Scott to catch both girls quickly, "What's wrong?" Deaton asks the girls.

"Something's happening" Lydia starts as she looks at Faith.

"We had this sudden rushing feeling" Faith continues.

"Like we're running out of time" Lydia finishes.

"Yeah." Stiles starts as Kira brings Stiles into the room, "Yeah, I kinda got that feeling, too."

🐺

Faith drives Stiles' Jeep to the school before the five teenagers and Ava gets out, with Faith and Lydia helping Stiles walk as they reach the front doors Stiles stops them, "Scott, hold on. I know what you're all thinking."