Part 6 ~ Heart Monitor

_________________________

Scott and Faith drag plastic bags full of groceries into a parking garage.

"Where did we park again?" Faith asks.

"I can't remember" Scott says.

"Well that's helpful" Faith adds.

"Damn it." Scott says.

"Watch the language, mister" Faith says and Scott look at her with an eyebrow raised, "Sorry, too much time with Tyler" Faith laughs.

The twins walk back towards the door to try and find the car, they walk up to the next level and look around from car to car, after a while they stop putting the bags down, still lost, Faith pulls out their mom's car keys, she holds them up clicking the alarm button, while the twins listen for the beep, a plastic bottle of milk rolls out of one of the bags. Scott moves to grab it but it slips under one of the cars.

"Well done dingus now you've lost the milk and the car" Faith says.

"How did I lose the car?" Scott asks.

"You were the one that drove us here" Faith says.

When Scott goes to kneel underneath the car to grab the milk, the milk rolls back towards them as milk spurts and from punctured holes in its side, the twins stare at the bottle as it drifts to a stop, suddenly they hear low growling.

Scott starts running away not waiting for his sister.

"Scott are you actually serious right now" Faith says as she runs after her brother quickly passing him, they look behind them and see that the Alpha is chasing them, "Oh shit!" Faith says still running.

"Who needs to watch their language now" Scott says running his fastest.

"Not the time Scott, not the time" Faith shouts still running.

They keep running looking back a few times to see if it's still following them, which it is so they keep running, when they can't see it as close anymore they run behind a car. The twin's hearts are beating rapidly so they try and steady them so that the Alpha can't hear them straight away.

Faith has an idea and pulls Scott with her on top of parked cars causing the alarms to go off stopping the Alpha from hearing the twins hearts, after they reach the end of the row of cars they run again and stop behind another car.

Suddenly, Scott's phone rings and someone grabs the twins slamming them onto the top of the hood of a car.

"And your dead!" Derek says.

🐺

"What the hell was that?" Scott shouts.

"Said I was gonna teach you. I didn't say when." Derek says.

"You didn't have to get me involved" Faith says stretching her arms out to the side of her.

"You scared the crap out of me!" Scott says.

"It was just like the video store minus the actual Alpha" Faith adds.

"Not yet." Derek tells the twins.

"Okay, but I was fast, right?" Scott asks.

"Faith was faster, she was just making sure you could keep up, even though as soon as you heard growling you left her alone." Derek says.

"But the car alarm thing that was smart, right?" Scott asks.

"It was Faith's idea and it was good until your phone rang." Derek says not even looking at him.