Part 16 ~ Abomination

_________________________

Faith and Stiles are getting the Jeep fixed, "Hey

Faith and Stiles are getting the Jeep fixed, "Hey." Stiles says but is ignored, "Hey!" he shouts walking over to the man fixing his Jeep, "What do you think you're doing?" he asks. "All I need was a starter"

"Does your friend always talk this much?" The mechanic asks Faith.

"Yeah, you get used to it" Faith says.

"Well, it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced, too." The mechanic says.

"Why do I get the feeling you're slightly overestimating the damage?" Stiles asks.

"It's probably gonna run you around, like, 1,200, parts and labour." The man says.

"Are you kidding?" Stiles asks, "This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter." He says "And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is."

"You know what a limited-slip differential is?" The man asks.

"Uh...No." Stiles says.

"Yeah, could run you more like, 1,500." The man says.

Stiles sighs, "Okay, just finish" he says as he and Faith walk away. "I'll be back here seething with impotent rage." He says grabbing the handle of the door which has some liquid on it, "Nice. That's really sanitary. Quality establishment you're running here." He says wiping his hand on his jumper as he and Faith walk into the back room, Stiles looks at a picture on the wall of the mechanic when he was younger in lacrosse gear, "Figures" he says and turns to face Faith.

Faith smiles at him and he takes out of his phone and tries to type but his hands start going numb and he can't move them, he looks up and looks over at Faith seeing that she isn't there anymore, confused he looks down at his hands and his phone drops to the ground, he looks out the window and sees something on top of his Jeep crawling down towards the mechanic.

Stiles tries to shout but the creature hits the man on the back of the neck making him grab his neck and fall down almost paralyzed, Stiles tries to shout one more time before falling to the ground himself paralyzed, Stiles looks out of the window and sees the creature break a cord making the stand the Jeep was on slowly start descending while the mechanic lays paralyzed underneath as he whimpers. Stiles moves his hand slowly trying to call 911, as the stand is still lowering towards the mechanic, "Help!" The mechanic tries to shout, "Help! Help me." he says and Stiles is now paralyzed and can't move, "Help me. Help me" he begs and Stiles closes his eyes as the mechanic is crushed under the stand.

When Stiles hears a thudding he opens his eyes and sees the creature who hisses at him, as Faith runs into the room, "What happened?" Faith asks looking around she sees Stiles laying on the ground, "Stiles. Stiles are you okay?" she asks running over to him.

"It killed him" Stiles says.

"What? Killed who?" Faith asks.

"The mechanic" Stiles says as he lays there not moving as 911 picks up.