Part 29 ~ Frayed

_________________________

A/N: Flashbacks are italic x

Coach blows his whistle looking at a boy learning over a seat on the bus, "Back to your seat" he shouts and the boys sigh before walking back to his seat.

"Stop thinking about it man" Isaac tells Boyd seeing the look on his face.

"What you're not thinking about it, too?" Boyd asks.

"We'll both stop thinking about it" Isaac replies.

"I can't" Boyd says.

"Well, there's nothing you can do about it either." Isaac informs.

"You sure about that?" Boyd asks but Isaac doesn't answer as he looks at Ethan then at Faith, seeing her in pain making him clench his jaw.

"No!!" Faith shouts crawling over the edge of the balcony before being pulled back by Scott, "No we need to help him, let go, let me help him" She cries.

"Yo. Yo twins" Stiles snaps his fingers making Faith jolt open her eyes realising she is sitting in the school bus on the way to a lacrosse game leaning against Scott clutching her stomach and shoulder in pain, as Stiles gives the twins words to describe to keep them occupied, "still with me?" he asks.

"Yeah, sorry" Scott says rubbing his eyes.

"What's the next word?" Faith asks.

"'Anachronism'" Stiles says.

"Something that exists out of its normal time" The twins say in unison.

"Nice, okay, next word, 'incongruous'" Stiles says.

"Um...can you use it in a sentence?" Scott asks.

"Yes. Yes, I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting on a bus right now on our way to some stupid cross country meet after what just happened, incongruous" Stiles explains.

"Out of place, ridiculous, absurd." Faith says.

"Perfect. Okay, next word. Um, Darach." Stiles says making both the twins look up at him, "Darach, it's a noun" he says and looks at the twins, "we have to talk about it sometime, okay? And we're gonna be stuck in this thing for, like, five hours, so why not?" he explains and Faith just sighs and leans her head back on Scott's shoulder, "Next word...'intransigent'" he says clearing his throat.

"Stubborn, obstinate." Scott says trying not to move so Faith doesn't get hurt any further, but then the bus rattles making Faith and Scott groan in pain.

"Oh, guys, you okay?" Stiles asks but twins don't answer, "we shouldn't have come. I knew it, we shouldn't have come" Stiles says closing the tablet.

"We had to" Faith says.

"There's safety in numbers" Scott adds.

"Yeah, well, there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre or bloodbath, carnage, slaughter, butchery" Stiles explains.