Part 31 ~ Currents

_________________________

Faith walks into the hospital with Scott as they look around the crowded hospital in search of their mother, when Scott spots her, he holds up the takeout the twins brought as they walk towards her

"I'm starving" Melissa says with a smile as she takes her gloves off grabbing the food.

"All this blood hasn't put you off?" Faith asks looking around.

"No" she replies and puts the food on a counter before turning around to look at the twins, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Thank you for bringing me dinner" she says and hugs the twins.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asks.

"Except for half the accident victims in a 10-car pile-up being rerouted from downtown, and the ER attending not answering any of his pages? Yeah, I'm okay." Melissa explains.

"What does 'not answering pages' mean?" Scott asks.

"It means he's missing, right?" Faith asks.

"Yeah. It means that nobody can find him." Melissa tells the twins, "so now we have to wait for the on-call to get here."

"Miss?" A lady asks.

"Yes." Melissa replies.

"Excuse me. Can I kind of please have something for the pain?" The lady asks.

"Okay, I'm sorry. I know. But actually giving you something could complicate things, so...We really just need to wait for the doctors, okay?" Melissa explains and takes the lady to a seat, "Okay, how much longer on Dr Hilyard?" she asks.

"Ten minutes" a nurse says and Faith sits next to the lady from before, who is now crying.

"Uh...You know, when I broke my leg, um...holding my mom's hand helped with the pain, and I um...see that you have no one with you so do you want to hold my hand? It um might help" Faith explains and the lady smiles and nods, Faith takes the ladies hand and starts taking away her pain as the black veins flow up her arm.

The lady gasps in relief relaxing into the chair as she looks at Faith, "Thank you"

"No problem" Faith replies before she hears Ethan come through the doors of the hospital.

"Someone...someone help me!" Ethan yells, Faith shoots up from her seat looking over at Ethan seeing him holding Danny up, "I need help!" he shouts and Faith runs over to them lifting Danny's arm over her shoulder helping him up, helping him over to a chair as Melissa runs over to help.

"Careful, careful, careful" she says as Danny screams in pain.

"What did you do to him?" Scott asks as he walks over pulling Ethan and Faith to the side.

"Nothing" Ethan says, "He said he was having chest pains and trouble breathing, but it just kept getting worse."

"This is not good" Melissa says feeling Danny's throat before looking over at a nurse, "How much longer on Dr Hilyard?" she asks but the nurse just shrugs, "His larynx has shifted to the side." She explains.