Part 5 ~ The Tell

_________________________

Lydia's car pulls up to the video store

Lydia's car pulls up to the video store. Jackson and Faith get out mid-conversation with Lydia, them arguing with her through the open window.

"Now, Hoosiers is not only the best basketball movie ever made, but it's also the best sports movie--" Jackson starts.

"No." Lydia says.

"It's got Gene Hackman and Dennis Hopper--" Faith continues.

"No" Lydia repeats.

"Lydia, I swear to god you'll like it" Jackson adds.

"No." Lydia repeats again.

"Do we really have to watch The Notebook?" Faith asks.

"Yes." Lydia says.

"I am not watching The Notebook again" Jackson says.

Lydia hits the window button closing the window on the two with a smile, they go into the store very annoyed looking for The Notebook, passing an empty ladder and replacement bulbs, but they can't find it.

"Can somebody help me find The Notebook?" Jackson asks as he glances around, but gets no response as the store looks empty.

"Hello? Anybody working here? Anybody at all?" Faith asks still no reply.

"You have gotta be kidding me" Jackson whispers. They continue looking through the shelves and walking down the rows until they see two shoes on the floor, they look confused. "You see them too right?" Jackson asks and Faith nods following behind him.

They keep walking slowly toward the feet, when they turn the corner they see a store employee lying dead on the floor. Blood everywhere.

They both stagger backwards in shock and tumble right into the ladder, the ladder falls down dragging a light with it, the wires snap and sparks fly from the light fixture and the electricity crackles, causing all the lights to keep flickering.

Jackson stands up and helps Faith up when he is on his feet, they start looking around and hear a low growling, when they slowly turn around they see the Alpha staring at them when the Alpha sees that they finally noticed it, it growls at them making Jackson run and duck behind a row of DVD's pulling Faith along with him, both of them breathing heavily.

"I'm gonna look" Jackson whispers.

"What? No don't look, have you never seen a horror movie that how you die" Faith whisper-shouts but Jackson ignores her and looks around the corner anyway, Faith bites on her nails why he looks, not wanting them to be killed by the Alpha, Jackson turns back quickly and leans against the shelf, "What? What did you see?" she whispers.

"If we die I want you to know that I am gay" Jackson says.

"A) Me too. B) I already knew that and C) Shut up were not going to die" Faith says still breathing heavily.