Chapter 13: Balter

Balter (v.) To dance artlessly, without particular grace or skill but usually with enjoyment.

Arabella's P.O.V

"Arabella..."

"Arabella..." I heard my name again as I felt something on my shoulder.

"Arabella wake up," I heard more clearly as my arm began to shake lightly.

Wake up, the voice repeated in my head.

I sat up quickly but suddenly felt pain on my forehead.

"Cazzo," I heard the voice say and I groaned in pain as I laid back down on the couch, holding my forehead.

"What happened?" I asked half asleep as I began to open my eyes and saw Nicolo rubbing his jaw.

"How will you come with me if you are asleep?" he asked annoyed.

I sat up slowly as I rubbed my eyes and felt a soft blanket falling down onto my lap. I don't remember grabbing a blanket.

"You need to get ready. We leave in two hours," Nicolo said but his voice began to drown out of my head.

"Mhmm," I replied as my eyes began to close when I laid my head back down on the couch.

"Arabella!" Nicolo yelled.

"Do I need to carry you to your room?" he asked impatiently.

"You wouldn't dare," I mumbled into the blanket but I opened my eyes slightly when I heard him sigh and his footsteps come near.

"Okay, I'm awake!" I said as I sat up rubbing my eyes.

"Get ready," he grumbled as he left the room.

I groaned as I made my way upstairs. I began to walk towards my room, but stopped when I came across Leone.

"Good morning, Arabella," he said with a smirk.

"I don't wanna hear it," I mumbled out as I walked past him and heard his light chuckles down the hallway.

Once I entered my room I took the dress out of the bag and laid it out on the bed. As I was dragging my hand across the fabric to straighten out the wrinkles I heard a light knock on my door.

"Come in!" I called out.

"Bella! You're still not ready yet?" I heard Viviana ask.

"I fell asleep," I told her as I chuckled.

"We have a lot of work to do," she replied as she stepped into my room holding a bag.

"What's in the bag?" I asked wearily.

"Just stuff that will make you look presentable. Now sit," she gestured towards the bed.

"I wish I had hair like yours," she said as she brushed out my knots.

"But your hair is beautiful, Viviana. It fits you so well, it's perfect," I told her with a smile.

"Thank you," she replied quietly as she began to curl the ends of my hair.

"I brought you some jewelry to top off the dress!" she said excitedly as she finished working on my hair and laid out some bracelets, earrings, and necklaces on the bed.

"These are beautiful. I cannot wear these; they all look so expensive," I gasped out when I saw the jewelry studded with gemstones.

"They are! Nico pays well," she said with a wink and smiled.

"At least wear one, it's a thank you gift for taking me out earlier with you," she said with a kind smile.

I looked at all the jewelry and my eyes gazed over a silver bracelet with a black opal pendant.