Chapter 22: Natsukashii

Natsukashii (adj.) Of some small thing that brings you suddenly, joyously back to fond memories, not with a wistful longing for what's past, but with an appreciation of the good times.

Arabella's P.O.V.

"Fuck this fucking shit," I heard Manny grumble as he shoved past Leone and Gabe to get to the door.

"Che cazzo?" Nicolo said as he stood behind me and placed his hands on my shoulders to keep me from falling as Manny pushed by me to exit the plane (What the fuck).

"You need to buy a new jet!" Manny yelled out as he kissed his fingers and crouched down to touch the concrete runway then looked up at the sky while doing the Sign of the Cross.

Is he praying? I thought as Nicolo and I walked down the stairs.

"We almost died!" he cried out dramatically and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Di cosa stai parlando?" Nicolo shouted from behind me to the hysteric man that paced back and forth along the tarmac (What are you talking about).

"Your damn plane is old as shit, Nico!" he yelled as he flailed his arms around.

"HEY!" Manny yelled out to the airplane mechanics that were working in the hangar.

"You need to inspect this jet!" he shouted as he pointed at a worker.

"Something kept buzzing during the flight it was like the engine was about to fail!"

I turned around to face Nicolo with my jaw dropped and eyes widened.

I was shocked.

Embarrassed.

Completely mortified.

I placed my hand on his chest in disbelief as he began to laugh.

"I told him it was just turbulence," Gabe mumbled as he stood beside us.

He heard it as well? I thought to myself and groaned.

I placed my forehead against Nicolo's chest to hide my reddened face from the men around us.

"It was probably just the turbulence. Leave the poor man alone!" Gabe shouted as he walked over to Manny.

"No it wasn't! Look at Bella, even she's worried about it!" Manny said and I shut my eyes tight wishing that this wasn't real.

"I can't believe this," I mumbled as I glared at Nicolo while he continued to chuckle.

"Maybe we should do it again, will that help you believe what just happened?" he asked with a smirk.

You wish, I scoffed at him and rolled my eyes.

Or I wish...

No, stop. Now's not the time to be thinking like this.

I turned around and looked towards the sound of a car door closing as I watched Dante get inside of a G-Wagon.

"Do you own all of these cars?" I gasped as I looked at the luxurious vehicles that were lined up beside the private jet.

"I do."

"A Lamborghini Aventador," I said in awe as I started to make my way towards it.

"Nuh uh uh! The Lambo is mine!" Gabe called out as he rushed towards me.

"As much as I would like to have a beautiful woman in the passenger seat of this sexy car, I need to have some alone time with my baby," he said as he patted the hood of the car and opened the door.