Chapter 39: Gotong-royong Part: 2

Gotong-royong (n.) The joint sharing of burdens; the bearing of the weight of the world together with trusted friends.

Arabella's P.O.V.

I can call someone for help, I thought as I tapped on the small screen. I opened my contact list and scrolled down to find the number I was looking for.

"Dante, Manny, Leone, Gabe..." I continued to read out the names as I tried to focus.

Alexander's number, I read as I reached his contact. I took a deep breath to calm myself before calling and I waited anxiously as I hoped he would answer the call. My eyes widened as the screen of my watch changed and the timer of the call was displayed.

"Al-" I began to say his name.

"Pin number, please," a man said through the call.

"What? Hello?" I asked.

"Please state your pin number before proceeding," the man said.

"I-I'm sorry I-I don't have a pin number. I was given this number by a man named Alexander Aetos." I explained as I wiped the tears off from my cheeks.

"May I ask who's speaking?" the man questioned.

"I'm his sister, Arabella," I answered.

"Arabella," the man gasped out.

"O skatá," the man mumbled (Oh shit).

"Sir, eláte na ríxete mia matiá se aftó," I heard the man speak out to someone in a language I did not recognize (Come take a look at this).

I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration as I heard the man conversing with someone else.

"Ischyrízetai óti eínai i, Arabella," I heard him say (She claims to be Arabella).

"Hello, how did you get this number?" a different voice asked.

"Alexander gave me this number and told me to call it during an emergency," I sighed out as I was beginning to feel hopeless from their lack of help.

"Please, I need your help," I begged.

"Explain what's happening," the gruff voice said.

"Nicolo and I left the estate and we were found by Romano and his men and they've put us into separate vehicles and you have to help us please they are taking us away," I rambled on as I started to panic.

"Arabella, I need you to calm down. Where are they taking you?"

"They're bringing us to a warehouse. I don't know where we are right now," I said as my voice trembled.

"Okay, we are tracking your location right now," the man said as I sighed in relief and heard keys from a keyboard clicking in the background.

"We are sending a team out there now to follow you, we will be there soon, but you need to keep us on the line, Arabella, we need to know what's happening," he explained but I shook my head as my eyes brimmed with tears again.

"N-no I can't I need to make another phone call," I said as I tapped on the screen of my watch.

"No, Arabella, do not hang-"

I tapped on the icon to end the call and opened the contact list again to find Dante's number.

"Ms. Aetos? Is everything alright?" he asked in a concerned voice.

"Dante, you have to help us. We were taken by Romano and they're bringing us to a warehouse," I quickly explained.

"What? Arabella, where are you right now?"