Chapter 36: Capernoited Part: 2

Capernoited (adj.) Peevish; tipsy or slightly intoxicated.

Arabella's P.O.V.

Our private booth was filled with Nicolo's men and friends, leaving no room for me to sit as Nicolo sat down in the last open space with Eva closely beside him.

"I need a fucking drink," Leone said as he poured shots of tequila for everyone around.

After we made a quick toast to this eventful night, I quickly downed my tequila and took the shot from Nicolo's hand as I finished his drink before sitting down on his lap.

"What are you doing, Arabella?" Nicolo said in a low voice.

"I'm just sitting on your lap," I answered as my gaze never left Eva's furious eyes as she scowled at me.

Laughter and lighthearted conversations were shared throughout the night as the effects of alcohol, cocaine, and other questionable drugs that Nicolo's men have taken began to overtake our bodies. Eva had left minutes ago with a man from the bar, leaving an open spot for me, but I continued to stay with Nicolo. I found myself leaning back against Nicolo's chest as I became more relaxed from the alcohol I had consumed.

"I can feel your heartbeat, amore..." Nicolo whispered to me as he held my waist (Love).

"...not the one here..." he said as he placed two fingers against my wrist, feeling my rapid pulse.

"...or here," he continued as he put his hand around my throat and gently pressed his fingers against my skin, feeling the pulse on my neck.

"Pulsating..." he whispered as he brought his hand down to my hips.

"Throbbing..." he teased as his hand trailed down my thigh.

"Aching," he said as his fingers met my inner thigh, slightly pulling my legs apart.

"I believe you know what I'm talking about now, yes?" he asked as his hand began to slip under my dress.

"Stop, Nicolo. Someone might see," I whispered to him as I gripped his hand under the table.

"Just keep a straight face for me, tesoro," he said as his lips lightly placed kisses along my shoulder (Darling).

Tesoro, I repeated in my head as I scoffed at the familiar word of endearment.

I sighed and closed my eyes as I shifted in Nicolo's lap while his hand gently rubbed circles along my inner thigh. I tightly brought my legs together as I couldn't handle the sensation Nicolo brought to me as he continued to tease me.

"Stop moving, Arabella," Nicolo growled.

My eyes cautiously scanned over our private booth and noticed that everyone was distracted as they all engaged in private conversations. I became grateful for the lack of lighting in the club as I felt my cheeks redden under Nicolo's touch. My eyes widened and I moved off his lap as I felt his hand slip under my dress, knowing that I would not be able to hide my pleasure.

"Couldn't handle it anymore?" he asked with a smirk.

I rolled my eyes at him and crossed my arms over my chest in attempt to hide the effect Nicolo had on me as it began to peek through my dress. I huffed as I heard his light snickering and watched as he began to shake his head, completely satisfied with what he had done to me.

I continued to ignore him and looked around as a small smile was brought to my lips as I noticed Leone was staring at Viv. A rolled blunt sat between his fingers as he leaned back against the booth. A cloud of smoke hovered around his face as he brought the blunt to his lips, but his gaze for her was still plain to see.