Chapter 30: Cynosure

Cynosure (n.) A person or thing that is at the center of attention or admiration.

Arabella's P.O.V.

I gazed at the water droplet as it slowly slid down and disappeared into a layer of white cotton. My eyes trailed back up, studying the smooth surface that was marked with designs made of black ink. I held my breath as I watched the muscles flex with every movement as the tattooed man walked closer to the bed.

"How are you feeling?" Nicolo asked as he closed the bathroom door behind him.

Much better, I thought as I sat up in bed and continued to look at his shirtless body.

"I'm fine," I responded as I looked down at my hands and blinked away my dazed and entranced state.

"You will be meeting my family today. Our plan is to stay at their estate for a few days," he said as he ran his fingers through his wet hair.

"What time will we be leaving?"

"In about an hour," he replied.

"An hour?" I gasped out worriedly.

"And you're just now telling me?" I asked as I quickly left the warm comforts of the bed and made my way towards the bathroom.

Before I could reach the door, my astoundingly poor balance and imperfect ungraceful feet caused me to slip on the small puddle of water that formed around Nicolo. As I gasped and prepared myself for the fall, he caught me before I could hit the ground.

"Cazzo, you need to be more careful, Arabella," he groaned out angrily as he helped me stand back up (Fuck).

He held my body close to his and the sleeve of my sweater began to darken as the cotton slowly soaked up the water droplets that remained on his body. Warmth began to overwhelm my cheeks as I noticed my hand laid against his fine figure.

I held my breath as I lightly traced my fingertips down his abs that seemed to have been meticulously carved out by a well-accomplished sculptor. I stopped and bit my lip as I looked up at the man who held a playful smirk on his flushed face.

"You can look, but not touch," he said teasingly as he noticed my eyes shamelessly admiring his body. He began to bring his hands to the towel that sat lowly on his hips.

"No!"

"No no," I repeated again as I smiled shyly at him and placed my hands over his to stop himself from removing the towel.

"I don't-,"

"I don't want to see that," I chuckled nervously as I shook my head, failing miserably to convince myself of the lie that slipped through my mouth.

"Keep it to yourself," I said and rolled my eyes as he began to laugh.

"You know, Arabella..." he taunted as he leaned in closer, placing his forearm above my head as he pinned me against the doorframe.

"All I need is your word, and this could be yours," he said as he grabbed his manhood through the towel.

My eyes widened and I gazed at the large outline that he held in his hand. I bit my lip as blood rushed to my cheeks, clearly exposing my embarrassment and desire.

"What did I say about biting that lip of yours, Arabella? I believe by now you should know what that does to me," he said lowly as he gently placed his thumb over my lips.

I closed my eyes and tilted my head to the side as my cheek laid against his palm, completely melting into his touch.

"If you wish to continue, would I find that you're already wet for me?" he asked with a smug smile and I held my breath as I cursed myself for the lustful effects Nicolo had on me.