Chapter 30

Casey's pov
"So,where are you from?"she asked."California."I immediately replied,"Oh California that must be cool!"she said.i chuckled softly,"Yeah,it's really nice there."i said."Are you feeling homesick?"she asked,sounding concerned.but before I could answer she said,"Oh!we made it to my garage!"we slowly got out of my car."Man I'm not sure how I can fix this one Kelly."a boy said,"I think I'd be better if you helped me fix it."i said."You know how to fix your own car?"he asked,"I've been building this baby since I first got my license,I know what to do."I said.Kelly smiled proudly,"This is Chuck,he's gonna help you out."she introduced me to him.we shook hands,"what's your name?"he asked.Casey,Casey Toretto."i said,everyone in the garage gasped.

"wow every single person I meet gets shocked when I say my last name."i pointed out in my head,"You're Dom Toretto's younger sister!"another guy said.i was going to shush him but Kelly did it for me,she pulled his ear."Shush Joel!he's on the run,the last thing he'd want is his sister on the run as well!"she scolded him,i was impressed."I'm so sorry about that Casey,Joel here has no filter so he just says whatever comes out of his mouth."Kelly said,"nah it's fine,he just needs to try to think before he speaks."i said."Do you want to start repairing your car now?"Chuck asked,"Yeah,I'm not staying here long."i said.

"Aw that's too bad,I wanted you to help me out with something down in New Mexico."Kelly said,I looked at her."Well maybe I can help,Detroit isn't going anywhere:literally."i said,she laughed."You're funny Casey,have you ever considered being a stand up comedian?"she asked,"I'm more into cars."I jokingly replied.she laughed,I couldn't help but to laugh as well."oh I feel you girl,cars are great."she said,"so what's this thing you need to do in New Mexico?"I asked her."I need to pick up some parts for this car I'm fixing up."she said,"what type of car is it?"i was curious now."a Nissan Skyline."she said,I raised my eyebrow in confusion."Who the hell likes a Nissan Skyline?"I asked,she shrugged.

"My friend Tej wanted me to fix it up for him,so I agreed."she explained.Tej,that's sounds like a pretty good name to me."so you in or out?"she asked,"when are we going?"I asked.she grinned,"we gotta go tomorrow,oh but there's one thing I didn't tell you."she said.i crossed my arms,"what is it?"I asked."We need to win the parts."she said,"Kelly,Why didn't you tell me this before?!"I asked."Don't worry,Chuck will get you a car for the race."she said,"you can count on me Toretto."Chuck said as he was fixing up my car.i sighed,"It'll be fine Casey!trust me!"she said.