Chapter 60

Casey's pov
"what's it like?"Ramsey asked,I was in charge of watching her.Well I volunteered to watch her,for my sake.It was starting to get weird seeing Tej and Roman get "dibs" on Ramsey,"What's what like?"I asked her."What's any of this like?"she asked,for once half of my focus was on the road and the other half was on Ramsey."Well,it's actually pretty fun."i began to speak,"It's scary at times,people get hurt sometimes,and in the end we sometimes win."I continued."After we finish what we do we go back to our normal lives."i said,"Is it hard trying to live out a normal life?"she asked.i exhaled,"Yeah,it is."I admitted."I sometimes can't sleep at night,I always feel like something is going to happen."I told her,"that must be terrifying."she said.

"It is."I admitted once again,"all I want to do is relax and yet,I know I can't:I'm a Toretto."i said."I'm sorry."she said,"Don't apologize,we didn't sign up for any of this."i said.she didn't speak,I sighed."We don't choose how to live out our lives,sometimes we're given a choice and sometimes we aren't.But no matter what happens,no matter where you are,you have hope:because you know your family has your back."i said,she seemed speechless."You're really wise Casey."she said,I grinned."Thanks Ramsey,and I'll admit I've never told anyone that."i said,"really?"she asked.i nodded,"you should,people would like that:it feels reassuring."she said.