The Dress.

*Katniss's POV*
*1 month later*
Today, I am going dress shopping. Effie really wanted to come so she is taking me. She insisted Peeta didn't come and my mom was busy at the hospital. It's alright though, I don't mind if my mom came or not.
I get out of bed because Peeta's already up. I can sort of walk now but it's still really painful. I never told Effie the real reason my hip is broke but Haymitch knows. He doesn't talk about it thought because he knows I'm sensitive to stuff like that.
I threw away that stupid walker the next day after I got home. Peeta was pretty mad at me but what can he do if it's already gone?
I walk over to the dresser and grab some clothes. I grab leggings and a sweatshirt because it's too hard for me to put on other clothes. I carefully walk out of my bedroom and down the stairs. Peeta is in the kitchen and I see him standing over the stove. I stumble into the kitchen and hug him from behind.
"Morning." He says. "I could of helped you down the stairs, you know."
"I'm fine, I swear. If I wasn't I wouldn't be going dress shopping." I say. He pulls me around and kisses me on the top of my head.
"Are you excited to hang out with Effie all day?" He mocks.
"Yeah, I'm really glad." I say sarcastically.
"Make sure you like it, not something Effie would like or I would like. It's your day." I smile and he hands me a plate. I sit down at the table and pick through the breakfast. I see Peeta looking confused at me but I take a bite and he stops staring at me. I sneakily grab a few pieces of food and hand them to Buttercup.
"Are you alright?" He asks looking at my plate.
"Yeah, I'm fine." I look over at the clock and see it's 8:30. I am supposed to meet Effie at the train station at 9. "I gotta go. I'll call you later." I say and he stands up to kiss me goodbye. I walk carefully out the door and to the train station.
_
"Hey, Katniss. You look beautiful." She says in her laid back accent. She has a piece from her brand on.
"Thank you. You look gorgeous as always." I say. "Is that a new piece?"
"Of course. It hasn't been released yet, though."
We sit down in the lounge and continue talking. We talk about how things are going and she asks about when the wedding will take place.
"I was thinking spring since it's around the corner and the flowers will be blooming."
"How lovely." She smiles. "When are you announcing to the Capitol that your engaged?"
"I wasn't going to." I say.
"Oh, Katniss. You have to practically! You're all they talk about anymore!"
"Why don't I just give them a wedding picture? Then it's not cameras in my face all the time."
She rolls her eyes. "If that's what you want, dear."
_
We arrive at the Capitol and we enter the wedding shop. There are so many dresses and to be honest, it's a bit overwhelming.
"What dress are you looking for?" I hear a consultant ask. "I'm Melia and I'll be helping you today." She smiles.
"I'm just looking for something simple." I say.
"Of course. Let me pull a few dresses and you can try them on." She smiles. "You may have a seat in the waiting chair if you'd like." She says to Effie.
I follow her into the changing room while Effie sits down. I put on the robe they provide and wait in the chair. She comes in and she has 3 dresses.
"Now, if you don't like these, we have tons of other dresses. So don't freak out." I nod and she helps me slide the first one on. It is a spaghetti strap top and has a straight neck line. It is has a tight bodice with a skinny long train. It has a lot of sparkles too.
"I'm not so sure about this one." I say shyly.
"That's alright! What do you like about it?"
"I really like the straight neck line but that's about it."
"Alright. This next one is very different than the last so you may like it more." She says helping me get the dress off.
This next one has the v neckline and it has a silk bottom. It is very simple, which I like, and it has a train. It is an off the shoulder dress.
"I love the silk but I don't know about the shoulders."
"That's okay. Do you still want to show your mom?" She asks.
"Oh, she's not my mom." I laugh. "But yeah I can show it to her."
I walk out and Melia makes sure my train is straight.
"Oh, Katniss. That's gorgeous! How do you like it?" She awes.
"It's not my favorite but I like the silk. Do you like it?"
"Yes, it suits you very well!" She smiles.
I walk back into the dressing room and she helps me take the dress off.
"Do you have any sleeved dresses? I want to hide my scars." I say looking in the mirror.
"Of course."
She goes and come back with a dress bag. I turn to look at her unzip the bag. She pulls out a sleeved, silk dress with pearls aligning the bodice. It flows into a train and it's an off white. I smile and she helps me try it on. It fits like a glove and it is gorgeous. I look at myself in the mirror and for once, I feel pretty.
As I walk out, I see Effie cover her mouth with her hands. I see her dab her eyes with a cloth and she sniffs.
"You look...so...amazing." She says. "Katniss, I think that's the one."
"I know." I smile. Melia puts a veil with pearls on my head. I love it.
_

As I'm walking out the door with my dress in a bag, I know I've made the right choice. It will go amazing with the flowers.
"Which flowers are you using as a bouquet?" Effie asks.
"Primroses." I say.
"That's so sweet." She says. "And it will match perfectly."
"I know."
Now my 2 favorite things will be with my on my day. My primroses in my hands, and the pearls reminding me of Peeta.