Blood.

*Willow's POV*

I lie there, gazing out the window at the rain. It's been raining for the past few days, but I'm not upset about it. The rain is beautiful, and I think it might be my favorite thing; although there's a very close second place. I remain still, unsure if he's awake or not.

Suddenly, I feel him begin to play with my hair, and I know he's been awake for a while now. I look up at him and smile at the sight of his golden hair. It's less wavy now, due to him sleeping on it.

I wonder if that's what it looks like after he leaves Eloise's house.

"Morning, sweetheart." He says, and I smile softly before turning back around to face the window. Raindrops fall down the glass on window, and I wish that it was open. "Do you want to do anything today?"
"Kill myself." I mumble, but he moves my shoulders to face him.
"That's not funny." He glares at me, but I shrug my shoulders before moving out of his grasp.
"You spending a whole week at Eloise's house wasn't funny." I remark, and his face shows his emotions.
"Is that why you're being like this?" He asks, but I look away as an answer. He pauses before sitting up taller and staring at me.

"Willow, I spent every day with her because I had nobody else to talk about you with. Eloise was the one that watched me cry for days over you. She's the one that listened to me talk about you because I couldn't have you." He starts, and I keep my eyes on my bed. "Plus, half of the week I was at Roone's house."
"You were at her house late last night." I state, and I finally look up to him.
"I didn't do anything with her." He says, and I wait for her to continue. "The most touch we had was me crying into her shoulder, and even then I didn't hug her or anything."
"Whatever." I say, beginning to stand out of my bed, but he leans closer and grabs my wrist, pulling me back down.

*WARNING*

Of course, this action doesn't work out as he planned, because I react by jolting back, pain radiating from the cuts he has no idea about. I curse myself about this action—wishing I hadn't of reacted—and I reluctantly look up at him, who's face is expressionless.

"I'm an idiot." He remarks, before standing. I feel my cheeks redden, and he takes a deep breath in before beginning to go around my room, searching every and any drawer he can see.

"Flynn—" I start, but he cuts me off by slamming a drawer when he finds nothing in my room. He runs his hands through his hair before looking up at me, and I can see the pain and confusion running through his mind.
"Where is it?" He asks shortly, and tears fill my eyes. "Don't even bother lying."

I don't answer. I fight the tears that dare to ricochet down my face, not wanting to cry in front of him. He waits for a few moments, and the silence cuts the air like a knife.

"Let me see." He says, and then moves towards me. Even filled with all of his pain, he treats me gently and lifts my wrist softly. He carefully lifts my sleeve to see the 13 new slits. "These are infected."

I pull away from his grasp and I turn around so I can let a few tears fall. I reach up and wipe them, and I hear him sigh before moving towards me again.

"I need to know what you used so I can properly clean these, sweetheart." His voice breaks slightly, and I can tell he's hurting over knowing that I did this without telling him. I turn around to face him, and I can see the pain radiating from him.

I still don't say anything, but I move my eyes to look at the flowers. He watches me look at them, and he turns his head to stare in the same direction I'm looking in. Finally, it hits him, and he turns back towards me as his face drops. He lets out a shallow breath of realization, and walks towards them before picking one up and staring at the thorns on the stems.