School Problems.

*Willow's POV*

I walk into the schoolhouse with my eyes glued to the floor. I know everyone is staring at me as I walk by them in the hallway. If I look up, I might hold eye contact with someone and then they might start walking over to me. I can't risk the rude comments they might say to me.

I don't have any friends. I remember the time where I used to have too many friends. I don't know what I did to make them all hate me, but I must've done something. Maybe if my hair was curlier, they'd like me more. Or maybe if my eyes weren't as blue, they'd be able to enjoy looking at my face. If I looked like Rye I would be popular. He has dad's blonde hair like I do, but he's got mom's gorgeous green eyes and tan skin. All I have is fair skin and blue eyes.

I've distanced myself from Rye, although he seems to not notice. He still buys me necklaces and rings and I do appreciate it every single time. But it's hard to be close to him when I'm always compared to him. If he brings a friend home, Mom always expects someone that I bring as well. She doesn't realize that I have no one to bring home. I have nobody. I lock myself away in my room when Rye has his friends over because I can't risk them not liking me. I can't be the one to ruin things for Rye, I care about him too much to do that.

I'm shaken from my self-pitying thoughts by the sound of my body landing on the floor. I quickly peer up to see Odette standing over me. Great.
"Maybe you should watch where you're going next time," she says while laughing. The girls around her quickly start laughing as well, because they all follow her around like minions. Always doing whatever she says and whatever she wants.
"I'm sorry," I remark while quickly grabbing my things. I look through my blurry eyes as water starts to line my lower eyelids.

Just as I reach for my pen, she kicks the stuff I previously picked up out of my arms with her foot. I quickly try to regain my balance but I land on my knees, evoking even more laughter from everyone. I scramble to pick everything up again when I feel a hand on my back. A tear falls down my face as I turn around quickly to find Flynn by my side. His hand reaches for my face but I quickly brush the hand away and wipe the tear by myself. I stand up with all my stuff and I quickly begin to leave but Flynn grabs my hand.

"Are you alright, Lo?" He says to me quietly. I nod my head quickly and begin to wriggle out of his grasp. I turn around and begin to walk down the hall, ignoring him calling my name.

_

*Flynn's POV*

My eyes shift from Willow's gorgeous blonde waves to Odette's faded brown hair, which compares nothing to Willow's. Her brown eyes twinkle with a hint of humor but I glare at her.

"That wasn't funny, Odette." I say while looking at her. She gives me a fake smile and begins to twirl her hair around her finger.
"Come on, Flynn, can't you just have some fun?" She says as she bats her eyes. The sound of her voice makes me want to throw up. "It's just Willow, everybody does makes fun of her. You don't even know that girl."
"I don't want to see you touch her again." I remark while walking away, running into her shoulder as I move in the opposite direction as her.

Willow doesn't like to speak to me at the schoolhouse. She thinks it'll make people hate me as well, so she isolates herself from me until we get home. I think it's ridiculous, because I'd rather hang out with her than the jerks I call "my friends."

At this point, they're default friends. I'm popular because I'm Finnick Odair's son and for some reason that gives me an upper hand. I wouldn't say that I appreciate the popularity either though. It comes with rude friends and attention I don't love. It also takes me away from my best friend, although I'm not sure Willow even thinks of me as her friend.