Rekindling and Necklaces.

*Katniss's POV*

I sit beside the window, watching as the train pulls into the final station. The mountains turn to cement walls, and I suddenly I see a crowd of people that so closely remind me of the crowd I saw before the first games. I watch as they fight each other to stick cameras in the air, trying to get any glimpse of anything that might happen.

I quickly stand up, pulling down my dress as I do. This dress somewhat haunts me with each step I take, because it's one of the dresses Cinna had designed for me. I haven't been able to look at these dresses for years due to the memories, but I know I'm doing it for the best. And maybe if I can move past some of my memories, I might somehow feel better with life.

My hands begin to tremble as I walk out of the room I was just in, and I find Peeta and Rye in the main room on the train. He looks at me as he stands up, and I notice his eyes have a small glisten in them before meeting my eyes. I walk over to him and he smiles at me, which causes me to give him a confused look.

"You've worn that dress before, haven't you?" He asks while walking his eyes up and down the fabric.
"Yes," I say carefully. "Do you remember when?" I ask. I've never really brought up times before the games in conversations, partially due to my fears of bringing back one of his attacks.
"The day after you asked me to stay with you on the train." He remarks, while looking away towards the hallway behind me. I nod, which brings his attention back to me, and he reaches down to entwine his hand in mine.

There's silence between us as we wait for the train to stop moving; but it's a comfortable silence. I think back to our arguments a few days ago, and I realize how childish I was being. I know how much he cares for everyone, and I was so focused on myself that I couldn't see past my narrowing concerns of myself.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted, Peeta." I say looking up at him. "I should've been by your side, just how you always are with me. I know you're doing this for the best, and I'm sorry."
"It's okay." He says while watching Willow and Flynn walk out of the other room and into this one.

I nod my head and begin to look out the window across from me. I notice that there's men dressed in black suits pushing the people away to form a path, and I watch as two more men line up in the front of this path.

Suddenly, the door swings open and I jump. Peeta's hand immediately squeezes mine tighter as he pulls me closer to him; which is most likely a reflex. I relax once I realize they're just body guards, and I watch as he closes the door behind himself to prevent the flashing lights from getting any glimpse of us.

"We're ready for you to walk into the mansion if you would like to leave now." He says in a monotone voice, and I nod my head, due to everyone standing in the same room looking put-together. "The children are to go first so that we may place security in the front and back of them. You two will also have security in the back, but not as much on the sides; if that's alright."
"That's fine." Peeta says, while turning his head to face Willow and Flynn. They take a step forward and begin to follow the man out the door, and Rye follows closely behind them.

As I move closer and closer to the door, my heart rate increases with each step. I can hear the people in the crowd, and it terrifies me. I don't know why Peeta and I are still relevant in their lives—which is the complete opposite of what I wanted—and it scares me to know none of them know the real reason why we are here.

"You still with me, Katniss?" He asks as we take the first step down the stairs and into view of all of the cameras.
"Always." I mumble, not so surely.

_

*Willow's POV*

I begin walking along the path to the mansion, following the guard. The only reason why I'm currently breathing right now is Flynn, who is supporting me by holding my hand.