Favorite Colors and Birthdays.

*Katniss's POV*

Willow Finn Mellark
Rye Rue Mellark

I'm still shocked that I've became a mother. I never thought I'd be good enough to even qualify to be one, and now that I have two children, I'm more scared then ever. The thought of losing them tears my heart apart, and I don't think I could imagine the rest of my life without them.

Although, you probably wouldn't know that they are my children. They both are so similar to Peeta. Willow has striking blue eyes with blonde wavy hair, and Rye has beautiful green eyes with blonde curly hair. But regardless of whether they look to be mine, I still love them with my whole heart.

Willow is very talkative. She got that trait from Peeta. She has so many questions to ask every day; some of which I don't even know the answer to. But that shouldn't surprise anyone, I've never been very good with words. Willow usually gravitates towards Peeta; they are really close. She loves us equally—I hope—but she always has admired Peeta.

_

The sunshine peeks through the curtains of the window, and I realize a very small hand is tapping my shoulder. I smile before rolling over to find Willow waiting there with a huge grin displayed across her face.

"Mama, guess what?" She asks excitiedly. I look up at her blonde hair that's messily put into a bun, and I laugh.
"What?" I ask, rolling over to face her.
"It's my birthday today!" She exclaims loudly, and I yawn as I sit up. I rest my back against the headboard while still looking at her and I notice Peeta's already gone. I hate waking up without him, I always feel so lonely.
"I guess that makes it a very special day." I laugh slightly, and she stands up before beginning to pull on my arm.
"Can we please go downstairs now?" She begs. I nod my head while dragging myself out of bed.

I quickly look in the mirror before leaving the room to see that my cheekbones are quite prominent. I know it's from my lack of energy to do anything, including eating, and I pray Peeta doesn't realize too much.

We walk down the stairs, and once she steps on the bottom step she goes running into the kitchen. I watch as she runs up to Peeta, and he picks her up gently before swinging her around. I watch this from the doorway before walking into the kitchen myself and moving towards him. He looks at me and smiles as he sets Willow on top of the counter. He pulls me towards him and he wraps his arms around me in an embrace. I tuck my head into his shoulder before putting my arms around his neck. He holds me there for a while before pulling away and planting a kiss on my cheek.

I look over towards Willow, who's sitting there watching us with a grin, and I turn back to Peeta.

"I heard it was someone's birthday." I remark, looking at him. I can tell he gets my hint and begins to play along.
"I didn't hear about that." He admits with a shrug. I fight back the urge to laugh and continue.
"Maybe I'm wrong then," I say. "I guess it's an ordinary day—" Willow immediately cuts me off and gasps.
"It's my birthday, if you forgot!" She huffs. I begin to laugh and Peeta turns towards her and brushes a strand of her hair out of her eyes.
"We could never forget." He smiles, and I feel a sensation arise in me, one others might suggest is happiness.

_

I begin to set the table, and Willow tries her hardest to help, even though I'm sure it would've gone faster just by myself. I smile as I had her a fork here and there to place on the table, while I carry all of the other things that could break. She's very gentle and I know she wouldn't drop it, but I would rather not give my responsibilities to such a young kid. They have their entire lives to do these tasks, so I might as well let them live while they can.

I look outside to see a train driving by in the distance. In the last years, District 12 has been rebuilt to practically a small version of the capital. It's all super gorgeously made and nothing like the old 12, which I'm somewhat grateful for.