Disappointments.

*Katniss's POV*
*The Next Morning*
I wake up to the sight of sunshine peeking through my window. It looks dreadful. It reminds me of Willow, who didn't acknowledge my arrival home. I know I shouldn't have expected anything after being gone for the reason I was, but it's still agonizing to know she's unhappy with me.
Peeta's arms embrace me and I roll over to face him. He gently brushes a strand of hair off my face and leans on his elbow, looking down at me.

"Morning." He says while gazing at me. I nod at him and look down towards the sheets. I hear him sigh and brings my chin up with his finger. "What's the matter, darling?"
"I just feel sick." I mumble. I let my head fall back onto the pillow and I watch as he traces my every movement.
"How can you feel sick, darling?" He asks quietly. "You just came home."
I shrug my shoulders and reply, "I think I just need to rest." I watch as he nods towards me and lies down. I rest my head on his chest and he fiddles with my hair.

I ponder about what it'll be like when I walk downstairs. Will they even acknowledge me? Willow couldn't even bare merely saying hello. And what about Rye? He looks up to her so much, and I'm sure he'll mimic what he sees. Then there's Flynn. I've yet to visit him. Maybe I should just stay away, it would be better for everyone.

All of a sudden, I feel Peeta move underneath me. He starts to get up and I look at him confused. He walks over to the door and slightly opens it enough to fit his body through. I hear Willow's voice and he nods. He pauses to look back at me then turns away. I watch as he closes the door and I hear another door close across the hall.

"What did she need?" I ask as he gets back into bed. He leans back and I lay down where I originally was on his bare chest.
"She just wondered if she had to go to school." He says quietly as I feel him play with my hair. I nod and resume staring at the wall, keeping my eye on the same spot. "I'm supposed to go to the bakery today. It opens next week and I have to help get everything ready. But if you want me to stay home I could delay it a few more days." He suggests. I sit up to look at him and tilt my head.
"Don't be ridiculous," I give him a sharp look and he shrugs his shoulders. "I'll be fine. I can visit Haymitch while your away."
"I shouldn't be long." He sighs while getting up. He walks over to the dresser and throws on a shirt and changes out of his pajama bottoms. I follow him with my eyes as he walks back towards the bed. "Do you want me to take Willow and Rye or leave them here?" He asks before kissing me. I pull away shortly and pause to think.
"Can you ask them? I don't want to make them stay with me." I say quietly. He nods and reluctantly walks out the door. I lean back against the headboard and wait for Peeta to come back.

I don't expect them to stay with me. After last night, I wouldn't expect them to even come near me. I know I did this, but I just can't help feeling bad for myself. Part of me wishes it would've worked. There was never reason for me to come back.
I hear a door close across the hall and Peeta enters the room. He leans on the doorframe and sighs.

"They want to come with me." He says quietly. I nod and look away towards the window.
"That's okay," I remark. I start to get up and I walk over towards the dresser. I notice that he's watching me as I move. I quickly rummage through the drawers to find some clothes to throw on. I can tell he's thinking as I watch him strain his forehead slightly.
"I'll have them stay home," he starts but I cut him off quickly.
"Please don't do that, they'd resent me more." I shake my head. "Just take them." He gives me a disapproving look and eventually stops leaning.
"I'll see you later." He says while walking away. I take a deep breath and get changed.

I really do understand Peeta wanting to keep them home, I do. But I also know that it wouldn't be what's best for them. They need to be able to make there own decisions and feel comfortable, and I can guarantee they wouldn't be comfortable staying home with me.