Phone Calls and a Bakery.

*Katniss's POV*
I call for Willow and Flynn and they fly down the stairs. The two of them have became so close, and their relationship is one of the strongest I've ever seen. I've heard Willow call him her best friend, and although it should raised red-flags with me due to the situation with my past best friend, I know Flynn treats her so well. He cares for her deeply, and I get the sense that I don't have to worry.

"Does your mom know your coming with us?" I ask Flynn, and he nods as a response.
"Yeah, she's just at home." I look at him and I can tell he had more than one reason to come over here. Annie is truly so sweet, and she tries her best. I understand her struggles; she probably has more than me. Therefore, I can't criticize someone when their a better parent than I am.
Peeta walks in and grabs his keys. I set down Rye so he can walk with Willow and Flynn, and he follows after them.

"Ready to go?" Peeta asks me. I nod and open the door, letting everyone walk out first, then I walk out and Peeta locks the door behind me.

As we start walking, I can feel tension arise between everyone. It almost feels as if the children are holding their breath, which is odd considering they are all usually so lively.

"So, Flynn," I pause. "How's school?"
"Fine." He says, but Willow interjects with a smile and begins poking fun at him.
"More than fine." Willow smirks. "There's a girl he hangs out with."
"What's her name?" I ask playing along, which I can tell is making Flynn redden.
"Eloise." He mutters with his head down, and I can't help but show a small amount of joy for him. He deserves something good to happen in his life.

"Why don't you invite her over for dinner on Monday? You can have it at our house." Peeta suggests. "And I'm sure you don't have to worry about her saying yes."
"I guess I have a good chance since I'm gorgeous like my dad." I burst out laughing and Peeta looks away chuckling. Rye looks at me confused and I shrug it off. Flynn smirks and looks ahead. "Oh shoot." He bluffs. I give him a look and he sighs.
"The cameras will be here and I don't have my best outfit on."

Shit. I forgot it isn't Sunday, which means the reporters are most certainly recording. I look over to Peeta, and almost as if he reads my mind, he picks up Rye and begins to shield his face from the camera's view. I watch as Rye begins to fiddle around with the back of Peeta's jacket, and I smile softly at the sight. I look back down towards Willow and Flynn who are swinging hands together as they walk towards the reporters.

"Good evening. Long time no see." A reporter says. I smile back and shift awkwardly. "What brings you around here?"
"Just a walk—as usual." Peeta says. I nod and look down to find both Willow and Flynn amazed by all the flashing lights, and I'm slightly concerned that they'll become sick by the brightness.
"Who are these kids?" A man asks with the camera in my face.
"I'm sure you could figure that one out." I smile but Flynn starts to talk.
"I'm Flynn. This is Willow." Flynn smiles. I put my hand on his back to guide him through a wave of reporters, because if we stop walking we'll surely get stuck.
"You have certainly kept them hidden a long time, haven't you?" A tall woman with pink hair begins to ask me. I wonder if she's a mother like me. Shouldn't she understand why I've kept them hidden?
"You could say so." I say looking at the ground. The cameras pan down and get a glimpse of Willow and Flynn. A reporter speaks up to be cut off by Peeta.
"Excuse us, but we have to leave now." Peeta starts walking through the crowd. I follow after him and am severely confused. I'm not mad, I just wonder why he's in such a rush. I pull Willow along and Flynn follows behind.

"What was that for?" I whisper towards him, and he shrugs his shoulders. His steps are quick, and I find it hard to keep pace with him.
"He's here." He says quietly with his hand on my back, urging me to walk. I look back and see Gale within the crowd. I feel frozen, like I can't move. I quickly turn around and practically conceal myself within Peeta's arms.