Tears and Feelings.

*Peeta's POV*
*A week Later*
She won't talk to anyone except me, Rye, Willow, and Flynn—all too which are very blank responses. She won't leave the house, won't call anyone. Doesn't want to be left alone. I don't expect anything from her, she deserves to feel the way she does. But tonight Flynn is having his friend over for dinner and Annie is coming too. I'm just hoping she can at least pull it together for the short amount of time that they will be here.

"Katniss?" I say quietly opening the bedroom door. I find Katniss laying on her side towards the window. "Flynn is having his friend over tonight, remember?" She doesn't respond and I sit on the edge of the bed. "It's alright if you don't want to but maybe you could be there for Flynn tonight?" She nods her head and I sigh. "Do you want to get up?" I ask.
"I'm fine." She says quietly. I look at her. Seeing her like this is dreadful. I quietly walk to the door and close it behind me. I step down the stairs and the phone rings as I walk by. I roll my eyes and pick it up.

"Hello." I say.
"Hey, Peeta. Any news on Katniss?" Effie asks in her laid back Capitol accent.
"Nothing new."
"Oh," she pauses," "well I just wanted to say Peeta, I'm sorry for the way I acted. I shouldn't have called or freaked out about it." She says and I can tell she means it.
"It's alright, everyone gets caught up in the news once." I laugh softly and she sighs.
"I'll talk to you later. Please call if anything happens." Effie remarks.
"Take care." I say hanging up. I haven't told Katniss anyone that called. She doesn't need that burden. Besides, half of them have already apologized for calling in the first place.

I head into the kitchen and find Willow eating a piece of toast before school.

"Morning." I say walking past her. She smiles back and I grab a glass to get water. "Tonight Flynn is having Eloise over, so be on your best behavior when you guys are walking back after school."
She rolls her eyes and laughs. "I always am."
I laugh and walk out of the kitchen into the living room. I grab a sketchbook off the coffee table and sit down. I start to sketch out an evening primrose, like the ones I planted a long time ago.

I wish Prim was still alive, for Katniss's sake. I can't imagine how different everything could be if she hadn't of been there. Maybe her mother would still be alive as well.
I'm interrupted by a thud upstairs. I quickly set the drawing down and walk up the stairs. I check the bedroom first, which I find nobody in. I check Rye and Willows rooms too—no sign of Katniss. Hmph. I walk up to the bathroom door and knock on the door.

"Katniss, are you in there?" I ask through the door. I hear a muffled reply and I open the door. "What was that noise?"
"Dropped a soap bottle." She says while washing her hands in the sink. That's more words than I've heard in the past week.
"Are you alright?" I ask confused.
"Fine." She mutters. I sigh and pick up the bottle from the floor.
"Why don't you go visit someone today? It would be good for you." I say while grabbing a towel to clean the spilled soap off the tile.
"Peeta, nobody even wants to see me after what I did." She says leaning against the counter.
"Everyone has apologized to you. Everyone feels sorry for you. You realize that right?" I ask frustrated.
"You've been ignoring my feelings all week, Peeta." She scoffs.
"You and I both know that's not true." I say scrubbing at the floor where the soap spilled. "I've been taking care of you all week." She stays quiet and walks out of the room. I hear her stomp down the stairs and into the kitchen. I close my eyes for a moment and try to ignore her. I finish wiping down the floor but I get to thinking. Have I been ignoring her?

_

*Katniss's POV*
I'm frustrated. Of course I appreciate everything he has done for me this past week, but I just wish he would understand my feelings. He's more worried about me not going anywhere than my thoughts. Plus, he hasn't told me anything about the phone calls or my friends and family. I just don't know how to communicate that in an appreciative way.