The Opening.

*Katniss's POV*

I lay my pearl down in the drawer beside my bedside. My lovely pearl. It sits in my drawer beside my bed for easy access. When I'm unable to fall asleep at all, rolling the pearl in my fingers helps pass the time tremendously. I couldn't sleep last night, and I felt guilty waking Peeta. My pearl helps me through the night when nobody else can.

I begin my walk downstairs, dressed and ready for whatever this day may bring. I step down the stairs carefully and I hear Rye and Willow in the living room. I feel content, knowing of their close relationship. I met with Flynn last week and I was delighted to find that he still wanted to talk to me. He was much more understanding then Willow, but I cannot blame her for the actions she committed—frankly, I think that maybe I would've felt the same way. I quietly creep into the kitchen to find Peeta washing dishes. I walk towards him and stand beside him. His head turns towards me and he gives me a look.

"Are you going to tell me what that was about?" He asks calmly. I shrug my shoulders while looking down at my ring that sits on my finger. I rarely take it off.
"It was nothing." I remark quietly.
"Katniss."
I can't tell him. If it was anything more than an unnecessary thought, then I'd consider. It's only a high chanced estimation of what could happen—what will happen. I've already ruined Willow, who's to say that I'd be unable to ruin everything else?

"I'll tell you later, it really isn't important right now." I say while looking into his eyes. "The only thing that's important," I begin while fixing the collar of his shirt, "is you." I lean in and gently kiss him, pulling away to meet him eyes again. "We should get going." I slimly avoided that conversation, for now at least. I know he won't let it go—based off the look he's giving me currently.

I laugh slightly and pull his hand towards the door. I call for Willow and Rye and they come towards us. Willow grabs her school bag and I watch as Rye grabs one of his toys to bring along. I smile at him and place my hand on his back, pushing him along.

I've decided to leave him at Johanna's because I know today will be a such a tedious day and I don't need him to be exhausted. I'm so thankful for her and Birch to take him today, he always has fun when he spends time with them. Willow was hesitant to walk into the school building, but Peeta managed to talk her into it. As we walked away, we could hear all of her friends start to surround her. I'm glad she went back, it's good for her after being away for so long.

His head turns towards me and I watch as he gives me a look. "Are you okay, darling?"
I nod my head reassuringly and smile while entwining my hand around his. "I'm fine." His eyes follow my voice, reflecting a worried look as he faces forward.

I regret walking into that room crying. If I had just calmed myself in the hallway, he'd be able to focus on himself and not worry excessively over me. The guilt took over, and I couldn't see anything besides it. But now I'm fine—at least for right now.

_

We walk into the bakery through the back door and I realize I haven't seen the place in a long time. The kitchen is gorgeously remade. In fact, all of it is incredible. The main foyer is stunning, and all of the walls have intricate murals painted on them. On the wall behind the counter, there's a painting of the meadow filling the wall. I brush my fingers along the flowers until I come across Willow, Rye, and myself painted daintily in between the rows of the fields.

"This is wonderful," I whisper while my fingers hover over Willow.
"I just wanted to be reminded of everyone." He says grabbing my hand. "Come here."

I follow him as he walks towards the room with the windows that overlooks the meadow. He brings me to a wall and points at an area. I move closer to get a better look when I spot it. It's a portrait, of her. She's smiling brightly with Buttercup in her arms. It's amazing how he's recreated her so identically, even the light on her eyes reflects her character so well.