Wishes.

*Disclaimer*
there's topics discussed in this chapter that might be triggering to some people, so if you struggle with discussions of eds and su!c!dal tendencies, please read at your own risk. there is markers of when these are discussed!!
-aurora

*Peeta's POV*

I sit at the table with Katniss, watching as she stares off into the window. Although she still hasn't made her decision on what to do about Gale, I know deep down that she wants to be the one to execute him. Somehow in that twisted mind of hers, the idea makes sense. And even though I think it's a horrible idea, if it's what she truly wants, I'll support her. I chose that twisted mind years ago, and I'm not giving up on it now.

I continue watching her until I notice her face change expressions and her begin to look at me.

"Peeta?" She asks quietly, and I nod to show her my acknowledgment. "Do you remember when you said I can't be the one to execute Gale?"
"Yes," I say shortly.
"I was hoping that you would reconsider that statement." She remarks as she pulls her knees to her chest tightly. "I feel like I need to do this, and I know you don't like the idea, but I just want you to try and change your mind."
"The only reason I'm against it is for your well being, darling." I start. "I don't want to see you regret it and then fall down a dark hole."
"I don't think I will." She looks at me for a moment, and I sigh before looking away.
"At the end of the day, it's your decision. I can't tell you what to do, we both know that. As long as you're happy, I'll be fine with whatever you decide to do." I reassure her, and she stays tucked into her knees.

I watch as she processes my thoughts, and then goes back to looking out the window. I wish she could talk to me about why she's choosing to do this, but I know she would never be able to communicate her feelings on that level—she's never been able to do that, and certainly wouldn't be able to now.

I'm startled from my thoughts by Katniss dropping a glass on the ground; causing the glass to completely shatter across the floor. She looks up at me with tears in her eyes, and I stand up from the table.

"I'm so sorry." She says quickly. "I wasn't paying attention, I—"
"It's okay, Katniss." I say quietly. I grab the broom from the tall cabinet and I begin sweeping up the shards of glass. "Don't move from that chair, darling. You'll get cut from the pieces."
"I'm sorry." I hear her whisper, but I just give her a soft smile before double checking the floor for any pieces that might've gotten left behind. I throw away the pieces in the trash can under the sink before washing my hands. I watch her from the corner of my eye as I scrub my hands.

I watch as she sits there frozen, and it worries me. If she gets this upset about accidentally breaking the glass, how will she be able to handle the stress of killing another person? She struggled for so many years with the guilt of the hunger games and the guilt of the revolution—I can't imagine what adding onto that list would do.

_

*TRIGGER WARNING*

*Flynn's POV*

I watch as the sunlight shines onto her face, and I smile at the sight. She looks so peaceful, and I'd give everything just for her to be like this all of the time. I wish there was someway I could redirect all of the pain she's going through to me. I'd take any amount of pain for her, just to see her be somewhat content.

She begins to move slightly, but I keep my arms around her. I watch as she starts to awaken, and she finally opens her eyes to see me. She meets my eyes and then covers her face in her hands before hiding her face in my chest. I suppress a frown before moving around her, tucking her hair behind her ear so I can see her dimples.