Night-time Calls.

*Disclaimer*
there's mentions of cutting, ed, and su!c!dal thoughts, so please if you're sensitive to those topics, skip these scenes. i've placed trigger warnings and when it's safe to read again. lastly, if you're struggling with these topics, please know that you are not alone, and im proud of you being here. that being said, also remember that everyone's experience is different, and you shouldn't compare your situation to anyone else's, including Willow's. now that ive given you a warning, have fun reading!!
- aurora.

*Flynn's POV*

I stare at the ceiling until my eyes become heavy, and I close them to prevent any type of emotion from escaping. I can't deal with my mother on top of everything else that's happening in my life. She's one of the hardest things I've dealt with, although, it hasn't all been negative. Being with her has taught me patience and kindness, but it also has taught me that you can't depend on anyone for anything.

I twist and turn until I give up, opening my eyes again. I look out the window to see that it's dark outside, and I sigh. I know I have to take my medicine, but I also know that the medicine I need to take is downstairs, sitting in the bag I dropped next to my mother.

I reluctantly stand, feeling pain in my lower abdomen, and I try not to make a noise. I open my door quietly and I slowly begin to descend down the stairs. I move around the creaks in the stairs; ones I've learned to avoid over the years. I finally reach the bag sitting in the corridor, and I carefully bend down to grab the bag. I wince in pain as I do this, and I quickly rummage through the bag to find the pills. I sigh as I find them, and I quickly open it and grab 3 of them.

I quietly walk towards the kitchen and I look around to make sure she isn't near. I grab a glass and fill it with water after I'm sure she's upstairs, and I quickly swallow down the pills. I set the glass down and I lean against the counter, breathing through the pain.

If I had known how much pain I'd constantly be in, I'd never would've let them give me the surgery. I hate that Katniss did this to me. I hate that after all she's been through, and knowing what it feels like to not want to be alive anymore, she still chose to put me through 2 surgeries. I could never hate her, but I hate what she's done.

I'm startled from my thoughts by the sound of the phone ringing in the hallway. I quickly move towards it, afraid of my mother awakening. I grab the phone off the holder, and as I'm about to yell at whoever is calling so late, I hear quiet sniffles through the phone.

"Hello?" A tearful voice asks. My heart breaks as I hear her voice, and any anger fades from me immediately.
"Are you okay, sweetheart?" I ask softly, leaning against the wall. I can hear her crying in the background, and my heart shatters into a million pieces.
"Can you come over?" She asks in between cries, and I don't hesitate to answer.
"I'll be over in a minute," I start. "What's wrong, love?" I ask, but she doesn't answer. I wait for a few moments, and I hear her crying.
"I—" she remarks, but I can tell she's struggling.
"I'll be over in a minute, Lo." I reassure her. "I promise."

I hang up the phone and I quietly move towards the front door, trying to open it as softly as possible. I pray that my mother doesn't wake up and realize I'm gone—I can't imagine the breakdown she would have. Let alone how much trouble I'd be in for leaving without telling her.

I make my way towards her door, and I open it to find her pacing in the corridor. She turns around quickly and my eyes search her tear-painted face for answers. She walks into my chest and I wrap my arms around her, moving my hand up and down her back.