Anger.

*Peeta's POV*

As I walk toward Paylor's office, I notice a familiar voice booming from behind the shut door. I reach the door and I knock twice before beginning to enter, and the loud voice continues.

"I do not care what you have to do, but you best make sure he is gone before I go back into that room. It's unacceptable that he was peering in through the window, let alone being near this place."

I watch as Flynn glares at Paylor, with his hands on her desk. He stands up once he notices my company, and straightens his shirt once he realizes. He nods his head at me before turning back to Paylor, who is calmly sitting in her chair with her hands folded.

"There is nothing I can do, Mr. Odair." She states with a monotone expression. "I've already got extra security around the entire building."
"Figure it out." He threatens deeply.

"Anyone mind telling me what all of this is about?" I ask, cutting in between Paylor and Flynn's hits at each other. Flynn looks over to me and smirks before nodding his head.
"Gladly." He says, crossing his arms. "Gale was standing outside of Willow's window, trying to break in."

My face drops, and I can only think of one thing.
Katniss.

She's in a room by herself, and I know one of the walls in that room has floor to ceiling windows. I need to get to her.

I quickly turn towards Paylor, who is clearly unfazed. I clench my fists; trying to calm myself down before doing anything ignorant.

"You're telling me he's been seen roaming around and you're doing nothing?" I ask, fuming. She nods her head while typing again into her keyboard, and I turn to Flynn. "Go to Willow's room and make sure all of the windows are locked. Shut the curtains and stay in there until I get you." He nods his head at my request and leaves through the door quickly.

I turn back towards Paylor, and she watches the door slam behind Flynn. I watch as her line of vision fades back to my face, and I clench my jaw before speaking.

"This place is going on lockdown until we find him." I begin. "The announcement is being held off until there is a guard on every window. Do you understand me?" I ask, not realizing I have both of my hands on her desk until my gaze of fury fades.

"Yes." She states, taken aback.
I begin to walk towards her drawers. After rummaging for a moment, she understands what I'm looking for and points at a certain box. I grab a spare key before turning on my heel and walking out of the room.

I close the door before walking quickly back to where Katniss is. I peer down at my watch and I notice I've been gone for more than 5 minutes, and I feel bad. I feel guilty about leaving her alone in that room, I should've stayed with her like I usually do. But on top of feeling bad, I'm also terrified. I hope she's alright; I don't know what I'd do if she wasn't.

As soon as I reach the bedroom, I quickly open the door and I call out her name. She sits up tentatively, and the smile on her lips fade quickly once she sees my expression.

"What's wrong?" Her sweet voice rings, and I look around the room quickly.

I walk over towards the windows, making sure every single lock is tightly closed before shutting the long and dark curtains. It quickly becomes dark in the room, and I flick on a lamp beside the bed.

"Peeta, you're scaring me." A tear streams down her face, and she quickly wipes it away before standing up out of bed. I walk over towards her and I gently brush the hair out of her face, beginning to caress her cheek.
"I'm so sorry." I say, before backing away towards the door. Her eyes follow me, and so do her legs, but I hold my hand out to stop her. "I need you to stay in here until I get it under control. It's the only way I'll know you're safe."
"Safe from what?" She says quickly, looking around the room. I notice a few more tears stream down her face, and I feel horrible because I know how much she hates to cry.