Rain.

*Disclaimer*
warnings placed at discussions of triggering topics.
readers discretion advised.
-aurora

*Willow's POV*

I stare at the window from my bed, watching the raindrops fall down the glass, until I hear a soft knock on the door. I wait for them to come in, but I don't roll over to face the door. I just stay hidden in my covers.

"Are you awake, sunshine?" I hear his voice ask, and I feel a sense of comfort in the sound.

Although, the nickname is ironic.
I am the uttermost complete opposite of the name, and even if I wanted to be sunshine, it would never work. To be 'sunshine' means to be happy and to make others happy, and all I seem to do is make people's lives harder. I'm more of a—Midnight Rain.

"Yes," I respond back, still facing the window. I listen to him step into the room and shut the door behind himself, and I wait for him to speak again.
"Do you want to talk about last night?" He remarks quietly, and my heart sinks.

Of course he saw me crying.

"Not really." I say quietly. He hesitates for a minute before speaking again, and I finally force myself to roll over and face him.
"Do you want to talk to Mom?" He asks, and I shake my head.
"I don't want to bother her," I start. "I heard the screams last night."

He watches me for a moment before sighing, and his eyes fall to the floor. I watch as he doesn't move, and there's a silence between us. I eventually speak up, just to eliminate the lack of communication.

"Dad, I'm fine." I begin before sitting upright. My comforter falls to my lap, but I pull it up far enough to cover my thigh. He watches me do this and frowns before meeting my eyes again.
"Flynn needs to be over here today." He states before opening my door again. "I don't want you home alone."

And then he shuts the door, giving me no time to argue with him. I sigh before falling backwards into my pillows, and I turn to face the windows once again. The rain begins to fall harder, and I smile at the sound of it hitting the roof.

*WARNING*

I don't want Flynn to come over today. I don't want to talk about last night, and I know he'll bring it up. I know he'll also bring up my cuts, and I can't do that today. I just want to be alone, but I'm sure that'll be impossible.

*SAFE*

There's a knock on my door, and I roll my eyes at the sound. I expect to see my Dad when I roll over, but I'm pleased to find my little brother looking back at me.

"Willow?" He calls out, and I smile back at him.
"Do you need something, Rye?" I ask in a gentle voice, and he shakes his head.
"Mom and Dad want you to come downstairs because they're leaving to go to the bakery." He remarks. "I'm going with them too."
"That's okay." I say, reluctantly getting out of bed. "I know you wouldn't want to waste your day with me."
"I don't mean it like that—" he starts, but I cut him off.
"I'm kidding, Rye."

I stand up and pull my pajama shorts down before following him out of my room. I stand at the top of the stairs, watching my Dad help my Mom grab her keys, and I slowly make my way down the stairs. Rye flies down the steps, and I laugh silently as he stumbles down the last two.

"Flynn will be over in a few minutes." My Dad says as he leans down to kiss me on the forehead. "We won't be back till later tonight."
"You already called him?" I ask, and I hear the tone of irritation in my voice. He gives me a look before making his way to the door, my Mom and Rye following after. He has them step out of the house before he turns his back to them—making the conversation slightly more private.
"You're not staying home alone, Willow." He states finally. "Something's wrong with you, and until I know what's happening, you're not being left alone."
"Nothings wrong—" I remark, but he cuts me off.
"Call me when he's with you." He shuts the door and I bring my hands to my face, taking a deep breath before letting them fall down my face.