Medicine.

*Katniss's POV*

I feel a gentle hand on my forehead, and it awakens me from my shallow sleep. I open my eyes slightly to see his blue eyes, and I immediately feel a rush of relief fall over me. I open my eyes wider and I sit up, watching as he's kneeling down beside me.

"Are you okay, darling?" He asks softly, reaching up to my cheek. He wipes away a tear I didn't know was on my face, and I lean into his touch. I nod my head at his question, but he gives me a look. "Talk to me, Katniss."
"Dr. Aurelius called, and I just needed you." I say, looking down at my hands. "I'm sorry, I know you're busy and I can't expect you to be here."
"I am not too busy for you," he reassures me quickly. "I would've came home immediately if you had called."
"I didn't want to bother you." I pull my knees to my chest, and I watch as his face turns to a frown. He stands up and sits down beside me, pulling me into his side.
"You could never bother me, darling." He says, but I shrug my shoulders in response.

I wish he could he mean that, but I know he doesn't. I'm not naive, although I'm surely not intelligent. I can realize when I'm bothering him, just as I can tell when I bother Haymitch, or Willow.

"What did he call about? He asks quietly, whilst moving his hand in circles on my back—one of the only things that calm me down.
"He wants to put me on medication." I start, and I hear him fall silent. "He said I don't really have a choice in it either."
"Medication for what?" He asks, and I turn to face him.
"Depression." I remark. I look down in embarrassment, and he lifts my chin towards his face.
"There's nothing to be ashamed about, darling." He says, but I leave the frown on my face. My eyes begin to fill with tears, and I look at him.
"What if it changes me?" I ask, and my voice cracks. "What if you don't love me anymore because I'm different?"
"I will always love you, Katniss." He reassures me, and he wipes away the single tear that has fallen from my eye. "Nothing could ever change that."
"What if I'm not me?" I ask, a few more tears falling.
"I've learned to love you twice." He starts, pulling me towards him. "I'll learn to love you a third time if I have to."

He continues the circles on my back until I stop crying, and I wait until my chest stops rising and falling so quickly to raise my head. I take a deep and final breath before meeting his eyes, and he smiles at me. He tucks a strand of hair behind my ear, but his attention is averted to Rye calling his name.

"I'm going to go help him," he says shortly. "Try to sleep."
"I'm not tired." I remark, watching him stand.
"Just try, Katniss." He advises, giving me a look. I roll my eyes at him before reluctantly lying back down on the couch. He walks away into the art room, and I turn to stare at the ceiling.

I don't want to sleep. I don't want to eat. I don't want to be put on medication. I don't want to be relying on Peeta all of the time anymore. I just want to be the old me—the strong one—the one that could get through anything. I miss my old self, and I didn't even know that was possible.

Against my will, I quickly fall asleep, although it's too shallow of a sleep to have nightmares. I don't even flinch as I'm surrounded by darkness and slowly drifted into an unconscious state.

_

I wake up suddenly, even though it's not provoked by a nightmare. I sit up quickly, and I look out the window to my right to see darkness. I'm taken aback by the sight, because when I fell asleep it was barely mid-afternoon. I stand up slowly, afraid I'll become dizzy, and I begin to walk towards the kitchen, because I see the lights on.

I stand near the corner of the doorframe, and I see Peeta standing at the sink, washing dishes. He looks up from his cleaning and smiles once he sees me.

"Are you hungry?" He asks, peering down occasionally to scrub the plate in his hand. I shrug my shoulders slightly before shaking my head and walking into the room even more. "That's okay."
"Where's Willow?" I ask, noticing how quiet it is in the house. Peeta gives me a look before shrugging his shoulders like I did, and answering me.
"She went out with Flynn." He says in a monotone voice. "They should be back within an hour or two."