Questions and Sickness.

*Katniss's POV*

I watch as the sun slowly sets from behind the curtains, and I watch as the shadows dance along the room, until the sun finally sets. I wish I was more like the sun, radiating and bright, but I'm not. I will always, be the moon. And I will always depend on the sun, Peeta, to even slightly, stay lit. But one day, when I'm not his first priority, I know I'll slowly fade, because what is the moon's purpose if it has no light?

A sudden knock on the door startles me, but I have no energy to be concerned on who it could be. I watch as the door swings open and Haymitch stumbles in, holding a glass of something that i should be drinking.

"Hey, sweetheart." He mumbles, while slumping over into the nearest chair. I nod at him, while sitting up, and I eye the drink in his hand.
"I thought you weren't coming." I remark, watching him hold his head up. His hair is messed up greatly, and I notice a piece sticking up in the back.
"Effie forced me." He sighs, and the looks around at the empty room. "Where is your loverboy?"
"Painting." I say, while beginning to stand. "Seems like he always is when you come around."
"Ironic." He says sarcastically. "Probably painting you."
"I don't know what he would paint of me, I've looked like a mess for the last year." I remark, and he nods his head in agreement.
"He'll use his imagination." He sneers and I glare at him before grabbing the glass out of his grasp. I let what's rest of the liquid in the glass fall into my mouth, and then hand the glass back to him.
"Don't come back unless you have alcohol." I say, gesturing for him to leave. He grumbles before standing and leaving, to which he doesn't return.

_

I hear footsteps down the hall as I look out the window, once again. Part of me hopes it's Haymitch, because of how badly I want alcohol. But, I'm not too disappointed when Peeta walks in. I roll over to look at him, and he smiles at my movement.

"I thought you would be asleep, it's quite late." He says, setting his paint palette down on the table.
"I hadn't noticed." I remark, while sitting up.

I watch as he lifts his shirt over his head, revealing his skin. He slowly climbs into bed, and he pulls me towards him. I smile at the touch of my body on his skin, and he begins to play with my hair.

"What were you painting?" I ask as he picks up his dirty clothes. He shrugs as he turns back to me.
"The sunset," he remarks, but quickly pauses. "Have you drank tonight?"
"No," I say quickly, while turning to look at him. He gives me a look but I shrug my shoulders in response. "Haymitch was in here earlier."
"Makes sense." He says, while reaching over to turn the bedside light off. I turn away from him, and thoughts flood my head.

I wish I didn't need to lie to him. After all, he's the reason I'm here, even if I don't deserve him. But, sometimes I wish he wasn't as perfect as he is, it'd make being not good enough a whole lot easier.

_

I'm back in the arena, standing on one of the podiums. I look around, and notice they are all my friends and family. I see Finnick and Mags standing together, and I see Rue standing across from me. Foxface? This can't be. I look around and see Boggs, Cinna, Cato, Clove. All of these people are dead.

I pause once I realize that the timer is counting down. I have 13 seconds. I look to my right and see Prim,and she looks at me with pure hatred. What did I do? I notice everyone is staring me down. The timer sounds, but instead of running, I'm yanked in the air. I frantically try to escape, only to realize there's a ladder. A tall ladder, leading straight to where I'm hanging. I struggle to get out of the ropes, but it's no use. The more I struggle, the tighter it engulfs me.
I see all of the tributes climbing the ladder and they are getting close. I scream but it's like nobody can hear me.