Songs and Kisses.

*Willow's POV*

Our lips meet and suddenly I'm aware to every single touch on my skin. His hands feel like they're on fire, and every simple touch melts me. His hands glide up my arms, landing on my jaw. He pulls me in closer and our bodies are almost one. He pulls back slightly to get a breath before meeting my lips again, and I notice how soft his lips are.

Just as I feel like I could keep doing this forever, he pulls away and looks into my eyes. I watch as he falters and runs his hands through his hair.

"I'm so sorry, Willow." He says softly, before turning on his heel and leaving the room without one more word.

I stand there in shock, looking at the open door that he just passed through. My heart begins to beat increasingly fast, and I cover my heart with my hand. I notice that I can't catch my breath, and I quickly walk over to the wall and slide down it. I clutch my chest as I begin to hyperventilate. Tears begin to stream down my face and I feel my body tremble. I close my eyes trying to stop the tears, but more seep out.

I have so many thoughts rushing through my head; is this because of Flynn or because of how stressed I am? What does this mean? What do I even do about me panicking?

Just as I get even more worried about how I'm going to stop this—causing it to get much worse and me barely being able to  breathe—my mom walks in. She looks around the room with a smile, calling my name, but quickly her eyes dart towards me and the smile quickly fades.

"Oh, darling." She says, while quickly walking over to me and kneeling beside me. She brushes away the hair that's stuck to my face and gently cups my face, which reminds me of Flynn. I shutter at the touch and she pulls away, which makes me feel even worse.
"I—can—can't breathe," I exasperate. She gives me an empathetic look and nods, which makes me sob because all I want to do is curl up in her arms. I try to resist, but I know it'll help me.

I quickly crawl towards her and she tentatively embraces me, holding me to her chest.

"You'll be okay, Willow." She starts softly, planting a kiss on the top of my head. "I know this is so scary for you. It probably feels like the whole world is caving in on you, but believe me when I say it'll get better. You'll be okay, sweet girl."

My breath hitches repeatedly, and she tightens her arms around me and uses the hand closest to me to string her fingers through my hair. My cries are muffled into her chest, and I notice that she suddenly picks her head up and shakes her head. I peek up and see my dad standing in the hallway, which adds to my embarrassment. I begin to cry harder, and he takes this as a cue to leave and close the door behind him. She hushes me softly, and I try my best to stop the tears but it's so difficult.

As I start to finally calm down, she begins singing a melody I haven't heard in so long.

Deep in the meadow,
under the willow
A bed of grass,
a soft green pillow
Lay down your head,
and close your eyes
And when they open,
the sun will rise

She pauses, and I can tell she's remembering everything she's worked so hard to forget.

Here it's safe,
here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you,
from every harm
Here your dreams are safe,
and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place,
where I love you

I gently pick my head up to look at her, and I notice I can breathe properly and my tears have came to a stop. She looks at me with a soft smile and begins wiping the tears off my face.