Hallways.

*Willow's POV*

I raise my hand halfway, trying not to attract so much attention. Ever since I walked into school with Flynn, everybody immediately switched their opinions and began to like me.

I hate it.

I hate being treated differently now, because I was so used to being able to do anything without anyone noticing. Now, if I even pick up a pencil, someone asks me if I need it sharpened. Of course I know Flynn threatened everyone—including Odette—but sometimes I wish they could've began to like me on their own terms. It seems as if they're all being nice to me to be closer to him, which bothers me for some reason. I hate the thought of other people obsessing over Flynn.

The teacher, Ms. Elwood, allows me to get up and use the bathroom, and I quickly walk out of the room. As I begin to walk down the hallway, I notice a man standing at the end of the narrow hallway in the corner—right beside the door to the bathroom.

Part of me knows I should just turn around, but I really have to pee. And I know my teacher will be pissed if I'm gone more than five minutes.

I continue walking down the corridor, staying to the opposite side as to where the large man leans against the wall. His hair is a dark color and his clothes are black. The hair on the back of my neck stands up as I take each step closer and closer. I know Mom would be disappointed in me right now, but is there ever a time where she isn't?

As I reach my hand to open the door handle to the restroom, the man wraps his hand around my wrists and pins me to wall. My eyes go wide and I begin to yell but he places his other hand over my mouth to hush me. Soon he lets his hand come away from my mouth, and he begins to grip my throat tightly. I can feel the fingerprints on my neck from being held so tightly, and I can barely get any oxygen.

"Willow, I'm going to give you three seconds to tell me where Katniss is, or else." The man rasps through his old and creepy voice. His hand falls down my body, feeling in places he has no right to touch. I freeze as his hands grab, and I let put a sound in pain. He immediately retracts his hand and slams it against my throat.

I fight the urge not to shake, and I focus on my breathing. I shrug my shoulders, which causes his to press even tighter on my body. My wrists feel like they're about to snap from being held so tightly over my head, but I can't give into the pain. I can hear my mom's voice in the back of my head telling me to fight back, but I'm not sure I have enough time to think my actions through.

"One," he growls closely to my face. I blink.
"Two," he presses even tighter. I blink.
"Three," he begins to say, but I cut him off by kicking him in the stomach. The weak man immediately pulls back, and within a second I'm sprinting down the hallway. I watch out of the corner of my eye as he lunges at me, but I continue sprinting, not looking where I'm going.

My body comes to a halt as I run into something strong and toned.

I look up frantically to see Flynn looking down at me with a confused expression. My eyes fill with tears immediately as I feel a rush of safety come over me. My eyes continue to fill until they almost overflow, and I can barely breathe. My chest rises and falls quickly and Flynn pulls me towards him. He wraps his arms around me with one hand on my waist and the other on the back of my head, holding me tightly.

"Breathe, sweetheart." He says softly. I take a shaky breath before pulling away to immediately check behind me. My eyes look up and down every single square inch of that hallway, just for them to find it empty.

Where did he go?
How the hell did I manage to let a monster out of my eye sight?

I look back to Flynn with tears filling my eyes, and he gives me a look that breaks my barrier, once again, and I fall apart in his arms. He holds me the exact same way, and whispers sweet nothings in an effort to calm me down. He recites the summary of my favorite book, reminds me of the times I've spent with him, and tells me anything he can possibly think of.