Needs.

*Disclaimer*
there's going to be talk of cutting and su!c!dal thoughts, so if you're sensitive to any of that whatsoever, please skip the scene that has a trigger warning. also, if you're going through any of these things, just know that im proud of you for still being here.
- aurora

*Willow's POV*

I stand next to the hospital bed, ready to grab onto him if he even stumbles. I make sure the walker in aligned with his path, and I watch as he stares at it. He hesitates, and I can tell he's scared.

"It's only been a week, Flynn." I say softly. "You don't have to stand today."
"They said if I can stand then I can go home, Lo." He remarks. "I want to go home."

I nod my head—understanding why he wants to, and he looks at me once more before moving his eyes back towards the walker. He hesitates once more before leaning against the handrails and beginning to stand. It almost happens in slow motion because of how long I have anticipated this moment—how long I've wanted him to be able to move. He stays upright, but continues to lean on the metal support.

"Are you okay?" I ask, right at his side. He nods, and then looks down at the ground before closing his eyes tightly. "Does something hurt?"
"No," he states while opening his eyes again. "I'm fine."
"You can talk to me—" I start, but I'm cut off by a knock on the door across from us.

The door swings open, and the doctor who operated on him walks in. She smiles at the sight of him standing, and I watch as she sets the clipboard down on the desk next to her, and brings her hands together in front of her chest.

"You're standing!" She exclaims, and he smiles back at her. I watch his face, studying it for any signs of emotion, but I never seem to find any. He's usually good at masking any type of pain he's in or anything he's feeling.
"I am," he says laughing slightly. He looks down at me, and his face changes once he sees my expression. He falters for a moment before putting the same act on and looking back at the doctor. "Am I able to go home now?"
"Yes, I'll go discharge you right now." She says with a grin, and quickly walks out of the room.

He turns to me and almost looks like he's about to yell at me. I clutch my necklace in my fingers, trying to prepare myself for his words, and I watch as his eyebrows drop and he gives me a look.

"What's wrong?" He asks, and I shrug my shoulders. "You only do that when you're upset."
"I'm okay." I say, dropping the locket out of my grasp. I plaster a fake smile onto my lips, but I doubt it does much, because my eyes begin to fill with water.
"Willow," he says softly, and it breaks my barrier. A tear escapes from my eye, which leads to more and eventually they begin to stream down my face. "Please don't cry, sweetheart."

"You've changed—you're not you," I start, and he leans over his walker to wipe my tears. "The old you wouldn't of treated me like this."
"I'm sorry, Lo." He admits, and he takes my head in his hands and pulls me in to kiss my forehead. "I never should've treated you like that, none of this is your fault and I'm sorry."

I look up at him through my tears, and I somewhat see the person I know and love. I know he's in there, inside of this shell that I so desperately hope fades. As soon as he gets better everything will be fine—I hope.

I pull away from him and I look down at the floor. "Can we go now?" I ask, refusing eye contact.
"Willow—" he says, but I begin to move towards the door.

I look up slightly as I reach the door, and I watch as he takes his first few steps. He stumbles after the third step, and I quickly rush over to stabilize him. He looks at me but I peer away, removing my hands from him.

"I'll grab you a wheelchair." I mumble, and I walk out of the room and into the hallway. I spot one close to the door, and I wheel it in next to him. He slowly sits down in it and I walk around the back to begin pushing it through the door.
"You don't have to do this for me." He mentions as we reach the front desk where my parents and Rye are standing.
"I want to." I say quietly, and I watch as Rye smiles when he sees Flynn.