Gone.

*Willow's POV*

I wake up to the sun peeking through my windows, and I sit up slightly. This room is huge, and has so many windows that it already looks like midday in here. The sun makes me miss home. It felt safer there, and knowing he's here makes this entire place feel scary, and I'm on edge every time I round a corner.

A knock on my door stables me, and my heart races slightly. I watch as it opens, and I take a deep breath once I see my mother's dark hair. She walks in, and I notice her under eyes are dark.

"Willow," she says while closing the door behind herself. "I have to talk to you."
"About what?" I ask, and she sits down on the bed beside me.
"We have to give the speech now, and then we're leaving immediately after." She says, and her face shows emotions I can't describe. Her eyes are puffy and red, so I know she's been crying.
"Why?" I ask, sitting up fully. She pushes my blonde hair out of my face, and it reminds me of Flynn.
"There's just been a—" she starts, but her voice breaks. I watch as her eyes fill with tears but she looks away and regains her composure. "Just a change in plans." She says with a smile that fools no one.
"Mom." I start, but she cuts me off by standing up and beginning to walk away.
"Get ready, please." She remarks looking at me. "And if you need help covering your neck, I'll be in my room."

I watch as she leaves and I look out the window. There's already a crowd of people forming outside of the gates, and I watch as they let a few people in at a time. I stand up and walk towards the bathroom in the room, and I begin to wash my face. I become flooded with fear as I close my eyes, and I get a feeling someone's behind me. I quickly wash my face, and when I open my eyes I realize nobody is there.

I try to shake it off, but it's no use.  This place creeps me out, and my mom creeps me out even more. She was acting weird, right? She doesn't just let her wall barricading her feelings break, and she doesn't like to show emotions like that. Something happened, I know it. But I don't have the time to figure it out.

I brush my teeth and comb my hair in the mirror. I dig through my bag to find my mascara and blush, and apply those to my face. Finally, I get to my neck. Clearly I need to apply more makeup to them, because last night I got the talk with my dad.

Let's just say he wasn't too pleased.

I haven't seen Flynn since dinner, and I sort of miss him. I know I shouldn't, because I know this will all change once he sees Odette or Eloise again, but for right now I miss him. And it makes me hate myself.

As I'm finishing getting ready, I'm pulled from my thoughts by the sound of my mom walking back into my room. She opens the bathroom door and I turn my body so she can see my neck. She smiles at the sight and chuckles.

"Much better than last night." She says, pulling my hair forward from behind my ears and placing it on my shoulders. "You look beautiful in this dress, darling."
"Thank you, Mom." I say. "Have you seen Flynn?" I ask, and her face changes from a smile to a frown. Her eyes dart away, but she quickly brings them right back to my face.
"No, I haven't." She says quickly. She turns around and leaves without another word, but I follow after her.
"Mom." I say, and she reluctantly turns around to face me. I watch a tear begin to stream down her face before she quickly wipes it. "What's going on?"
"Nothing, Willow." She says, with a tone. "I have to go get Rye."

I stand there, in shock, and I watch as she almost runs to Rye's room. She slams the door behind her, and I can't help but let my eyes fill with tears of anger. Why am I always the last person to know anything? I just want to know what's happening, and yet I'm always in the dark.

I begin to storm off towards my dad's room, when a security officer stops me.

"Ms. Mellark, we need you to report to the main balcony for the speech." A large man states to me.